Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Angry A Question on Tradeskills

Do they become harder and harder to level the further you go?

I have a Dorf Smithy with 173 WIS, who capped out on banded @ 175, then moved on to Fine Steel Gorgets, made a total of 50 combines, suceeded @ 48 of them, and skilled up...6 times.

I'm half expecting Rogean to walk out of my closet, accompanied by Brad McQuaid, John Smedley, and Ashton Kutcher any G.D. minute now...
Old 01-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, they become harder and harder to level up.

It's a random number generator that determines if you skill up, and the likelihood of getting a skill up starts to drastically decrease in terms of percentage chance of skilling up once you start getting closer to 200.

I have no idea how likely it is to skill up once you are above 200, but I imagine it gets much worse.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFishyOne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a Dorf Smithy with 173 WIS, who capped out on banded @ 175, then moved on to Fine Steel Gorgets, made a total of 50 combines, suceeded @ 48 of them, and skilled up...6 times.
Sounds like a dream compared to Alchemy.

You'd be lucky to get 1-2 skillups in 50 combines at high 160ish skill, and oh yeah every single combine costs you 270 plat.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone else remember 240-250 JC? Prepare for carpal tunnel on both hands!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Did 300 in all 7 on Live (much before the TS window)
Did 250 in all 7 on Mac (no TS window, max carpal)
Did 200ish in all 7 on Mac (second time!)
Done 130-180ihs in all 7 here (except tailoring and pottery)

Get used to carpal tunnel!

A few things about skilling up:

1. WIS (and other stats) are irrelevant to skilling up on combines you succeed. They only are a factor when you fail a combine. So if you are sticking to combines that trivial close to your skill (IE you're 150 and you're doing a 155 triv combine) you should have near max (95%) success rate and your stat should almost never come into play since you fail so rarely.

2. Skilling up gets to be a lower percent chance the higher in the skill you go. I honestly feel like the skill up chance at lower skills on this server is higher than it should be but I have no proof of that.

3. Certain skills have either a + or - modifier in it that determines how common or rare skill ups are. For example Tailoring/Blacksmithing have high modifiers meaning you skill up these more often - mainly due to the fact that you have to hunt/farm for a lot of skill ups. Alchemy / Brewing for example have a low modifier due to the fact that 99% of everything is vendor purchased.

4. RNG - Random Number Generator. Note that first word. It's all random.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

I realize I can probably check this on a case-by-case basis and it is highly likely to vary but what kind of all-in cost can someone expect with regards to skilling up different tradeskills from 0 (or whatever they were allowed to get it to via GM points) to max?

Just curious if there is an index of prices (rough estimate) out there to help people figure out the costs associated with max skill.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-31-2014, 10:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realize I can probably check this on a case-by-case basis and it is highly likely to vary but what kind of all-in cost can someone expect with regards to skilling up different tradeskills from 0 (or whatever they were allowed to get it to via GM points) to max?

Just curious if there is an index of prices (rough estimate) out there to help people figure out the costs associated with max skill.
Not sure how much skilling up vary (if at all) from one tradeskill to another, but here's a nice link for jewelcrafting.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=101647
Old 01-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Whats your int? Thats all that matters. I decked out my d0rfins with like 180 INT and he breezed thru blacksmithing, currently at 220
Old 01-31-2014, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

get strength for smithing

I dont know if it was dumb luck, but with 255 str i maxed mine super fast

also if any1 knows how to get higher than 188 pottery lmk
Old 01-31-2014, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WIS (and other stats) are irrelevant to skilling up on combines you succeed. They only are a factor when you fail a combine.
Where are you getting this?
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Closed Thread