Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Yeah 100k is way too cheap, Tallon Zek had them for 260k.

The good ol days were when the bazaar first came out, and i would stock up on any fine steel BP i could get my hands on. Then, id setup shop with a ceremonial iksar chestplate for 5k (which was crazy), then as Id see people running towards me I would swap out the ikky for one of my worthless BPs and they would buy it every time. Saved up enough to get a fungi and then did the same thing.... When they went for 250k+, Id set my price at 100k and people would buy 100k small cloth tunics by the truckload.

Ahhhh Tallon Zek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt1stClassPerkerwood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The good ol days were when the bazaar first came out, and i would stock up on any fine steel BP i could get my hands on. Then, id setup shop with a ceremonial iksar chestplate for 5k (which was crazy), then as Id see people running towards me I would swap out the ikky for one of my worthless BPs and they would buy it every time. Saved up enough to get a fungi and then did the same thing.... When they went for 250k+, Id set my price at 100k and people would buy 100k small cloth tunics by the truckload.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarajo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ait's not like humans use one currency, Iksar another, and Elves another.
We should do this.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt1stClassPerkerwood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Generally this is a story you keep to yourself lol
Old 01-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

I twinked a rogue pre-kunark with a bone razor and mithril arms and legs and a rubi bp - god damn that shit was awesome
Old 01-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you remember 100k fungis and 130k+ torpor, etc., then we obviously played EQ in alternate realities.
I remember Torpor going for about 90k and Fungis going for 100k+.

The biggest thing keeping the cost of Torpor high is the fact that no one kills trash mobs in VP.

Also, there's a lot more 60 shamans on p99 than there was on live because there is a lot more 60 everything.

Demand is high, supply is low, 130k+ Torpors.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sarajo

You are forgetting it isn't just the plat that becomes worth less. More and more items enter the economy, probably at a rate faster than they are destroyed, and like the plat the abundance of these devalues them (see the trance stick example).

I suppose this leads to an interesting situation where some items are devaluing faster than plat, where as other hard to acquire items might devalue more slowly than platinum.
You're spot on. Most items are actually entering the game faster than plat is accumulating, so they devalue even faster. They will eventually hit a bottom, which isthe value of the inventory slot needed to carry it around until sold, plus the time necessary to find a buyer, and this will vary from one individual to another.

It was very rare on live to see an item actually increase in price over time, unless the item was changed or the drop rate decreased (like it happened with Fungi Tunics). I hardly see it being different on p1999.

That said, some of the observations of the OP are correct. But that's because as you go up in item quality for most slots, the desirability goes up (better item) while supply goes down (rarer drops), with both factors having an exponential effect on the final price.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Kobold

Yeah theres a special EQ hell waiting for me. Im thinking it will be like a permanent corpse run where I never quite make it to my corpse and die a very slow, agonizing death every few minutes.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Kobold

But i do feel like i was one of the forerunners for causing devs to redesign the bazaar trading window look and feel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

If your sore for funds you need to do what I do. I make my fat stacks o platz flippin' dem Vik's Dark Defenders in the tunnel, ya herd?

But seriously, there are a lot of reasons the economy is a bit silly here. Most have already been mentioned, but another is that we have near perfect information. People know that there is basically no replacement for a fungi, so it can be valuable not only because it is awesome, but also because it can be held onto to check against monetary inflation. Likewise, people know that Torpor Shaman are basically god-mode in velious, soo....a f*ck-ton of shaman roll on this server=demand increase for shaman stuff. Same way with high-end monk stuff.