Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 06:35 AM
Fire Giant

Default Current Best rogue off hand

Sooo after lots and lots of parsing originally using Vyemm's Fang/Ragebringer combo(pretty damn strong on velious content, especially high AC targets where min backstab is common. Fights that require you to dodge AE constantly ie Ventani, Vyemm, Vulak etc RB MH is better obv) As well as using Fang in offhand. In just over 1.5gb worth of logs of non-primal and primal fights, multiples of every boss but tunare...

Vyemm fang MH with Ragebringer OH seems to win if you keep backstab perma down, primal up. The only real thing I noticed is if you get a lack of bad streak from BS RNG, a Claw of Lightning rogue can easily out damage you.

I gave up the fang and range slotted it for claw of lightning 14/18 offhand vs 13/17 fang. Since Claw is slashing it made it a bit easier for Gamparse to show me the damage difference etc min max hit and frequency. Strictly from a primal rogue point of view, RB/Claw once avatar is on, is a lot more lax in damage terms with no rush to keep up like a fang rogue needs swapping back and forth procs and mh/oh depending on bosses. Claw comes close enough if not just as good in almost every fight I have parsed personally and seen with other rogues similar.

Only thing I have 0 data on is mrylokar daggers as none have dropped on red, But I imagine since its still pre-buff damage that its no where near as good as when it gets its final stats. Heard rumors that the backstab modifier was on it, but didn't show up but I don't really know what to believe, unless someone can post a video or something of them hitting a 553+ backstab with mrylokar in mainhand.

I had an older thread I was going to link into this with actual fight parses and other data, When I get around to it I will update the fight logs of bosses where fang vs claw and buffs at the time(most are simply str of nature, some are bard songs).
Old 03-25-2016, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

DPS
=((DMG*2)+DMG BONUS)/DLY

Dual Wield DPS
=Primary DPS+(Secondary DPS*0.78)

Ragebringer Mainhand
((15*2) + 11 ) / 25 = 1.64

Vyemm's Fang Mainhand
((13*2) + 11) / 17 = 2.17
Ragebringer Offhand
((15*2) + 0) / 25 = 1.2
Total = 3.106

Vyemm's Fang Mainhand
Claw of Lightning Offhand
((14*2) + 0) / 25 = 1.555
Total = 3.379

Swap your Ragebringer in for backstabs and then swap back to the fang for maximum damage
Old 03-25-2016, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

I think rb+claw would be my personal favorite. It's lazy and swapping in RB for stabs is just adding an extra chance for user error when your attention should be on push, hit box, junk buffs, and otherwise staying behind the mob. Not to mention the huge atk you're losing out on with almost all your melee strikes. MHT + RB with primal is BIS imo unless mrylo is 15 dmg here.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

I'm way too lazy to calculate the math for backstabs on different weapons.

I would be very surprised if the higher backstab damage from a ragebringer would beat out the overall dps of having a vyemms fang swinging all the time. 2.17 vs 1.64 is a massive difference in damage.

In theory it shouldn't be too hard to swap weapons and get a backstab in with the higher damage weapon. If I weapon swap perfectly on my monk the rogues can definitely do it as well.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Old TMO rogues tested weapon swapping with epic rsss and TS back in the day and concluded that weapon swapping lowered your DPS (Sckrilla et al, 2011). I think it was due to the swaps reseting delay timers on melee attacks.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:03 AM
Aviak

Even with the 12/16 stats, I've gotten 1100+ backstabs from Mrylokar's.
Rxtx - 60 Necromancer | Pushn - 51 Monk
Old 03-26-2016, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

That sounds incredibly bugged.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Aviak

Maybe that's why none have dropped in like 5 months!
Rxtx - 60 Necromancer | Pushn - 51 Monk
Old 03-27-2016, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

12 dmg bs for 1100 in PVE should be impossible unless the modifier was in and just not shown. With Avatar up and a 13 dmg MH max hit in PVP is 985 backstab(pvp, so damage is reduced, by how much I forget) but 13 should be able to hit nearly 1.1k, 12 should be around 1k i would think.

Would love to see some parses on fights rogue doesn't have to juggle around and can just stand there hitting the dragon or whatever, with a mrylo dagger. that way can run it thru gamparse see min max etc. Still 0 of them on red, no idea how many on blue tho.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

Back in my day (rabble rabble rabble).. Rogues couldn't drop RB because for the 40ATK which had(has?) exponential effect once you started reaching ludacris numbers. Most would use Mrykolars/Vyemm/Tunare in main hand, and RB in offhand.

-Aikons
Closed Thread