Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-16-2022, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Go out and do it. I double dog dare you (don’t make me escalate to triple dog)
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-16-2022, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM:

Clearly you are.
Not at all. The data supports my position. I am quite comfortable right now. I am very confident it won't change in a group scenario.

If you understand the fact that AC/HP/Resistances of a mob do not change when grouping vs. solo, you will understand how DPS works in the game in both situations. The answer is it doesn't change unless your group members are specifically impacting your performance. For example, your Enchanters keep getting your Mage Pet killed. That isn't a valid indicator a Mage's DPS is lower. That simply means you have bad team mates.
Old 09-16-2022, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Old 09-16-2022, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not at all. The data supports my position. I am quite comfortable right now. I am very confident it won't change in a group scenario.

If you understand the fact that AC/HP/Resistances of a mob do not change when grouping vs. solo, you will understand how DPS works in the game in both situations. The answer is it doesn't change unless your group members are specifically impacting your performance. For example, your Enchanters keep getting your Mage Pet killed. That isn't a valid indicator a Mage's DPS is lower. That simply means you have bad team mates.
You tried to claim:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
and then you simply contradicted yourself by subsequently posting:

Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
As I have repeatedly stated to you - it is not always clear to other posters what particular position/claim/"arguent" you are defending at any given time due to how often you have moved the goalposts & edited your posts. This really isn't hard hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Which belief do you currently hold/"argue" hehe? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Please elaborate for the sake of civil discussion.
Old 09-16-2022, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:

Old 09-16-2022, 05:11 PM
Banned

Old 09-16-2022, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

All I have to say in regards to DSM:

Old 09-16-2022, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I have to say in regards to DSM:

Of course. It is why trolls like you don't get to win here. I will make sure the correct information is available, regardless of who is right. You want to force people to agree with you via trolling. You are the only one with no honor here with such tactics.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know about that. Troxx asks you to return the favour on the parsing, and you refuse by citing the excuse that group DPS is open to too many variables. You then, however, cite your Solo DPS parse as applicable for some reason. You think that's an honest viewpoint in regards to this discussion?

Forget autism. Don't know why people said that. You're a sociopath at this point.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know about that. Troxx asks you to return the favour on the parsing, and you refuse by citing the excuse that group DPS is open to too many variables. You then, however, cite your Solo DPS parse as applicable for some reason. You think that's an honest viewpoint in regards to this discussion?

Forget autism. Don't know why people said that. You're a sociopath at this point.