Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loved PM a few buddies and myself created and recreated until we were all in the same zone, ganged up and pwnd noobs for like an hour. I was a skel he was a bat and my other friend I think was a wolf. we pwnd all the noobs until they logged or recreated a dif race
First rule of project monster: always delete your loot when you spawn. Cuz fuck newbies ;P
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First rule of project monster: always delete your loot when you spawn. Cuz fuck newbies ;P
open inventory destroy bone chips lol

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 05-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

Solution to mudflation on your emulated-not-real free server:

1) Okay so login to the game...like the game not the forum.
2) Get a group...put up a flag, talk to people. While waiting read the wiki and become more knowledgeable about this game! If you like to solo - do a quest and read the quest text while looking for solo mobs.
3) Fight some merbz / travel for quest drops. Joke around and have fun. Complement people on their play or be a mentor for someone who is struggling a bit.
4) Get some bubbz of exp and a few drops - you will be surprised but the items you get from actually playing the game are the same quality as the ones you buy!
5) Log out

See you just had fun and it didn't involve plat at all!*

*Does not apply to water flasks, iron rations, or peridots
Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Toss up no drop guises at 500k- 1mill pp a pop...i promise you they would sell like crazy. However, this would royally piss off the very few people left on the server with a legit guise from launch.

Sacrafice the few for the many?

Really any money sink that was for fluff items (or even make the items no drop, that would solve the issues as well. Buy a no drop manastone for 100k) would not be detrimental, other than the age old argument (it's not classic). But as you have stated...we are 1.5 years past classic at this point.
I like this idea! Guises for everyone!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
windows screen capture
Old 05-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Kobold

Default JUST DO IT ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe cshome needs to release seized gear at auction :P
♐ Release it and solve this easy! Set up a date an set some extreme high starting bids! You can clear out some plat while getting rare items back into the game.

✓Great job on taking out the Platlord im sure it dented a huge part of the problem but a police style auction off would take out another big chunk and end threads like this.

If MASS people still complain (personally i say kick rocks velious will be coming) , but if its still an obvious problem THAN throw in a vendor with some appearance only items or guises like mentioned..for high prices an leave it at that...yes not classic but as countless others have stated neither is a lot of stuff here on p99.

I believe a simple Platlord wipeout (which is already started one account at a time) and a police style auction (hopefully soon to come) will solve all this though.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp_SmokinPurp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
♐ Release it and solve this easy! Set up a date an set some extreme high starting bids! You can clear out some plat while getting rare items back into the game.

✓Great job on taking out the Platlord im sure it dented a huge part of the problem but a police style auction off would take out another big chunk and end threads like this.

If MASS people still complain (personally i say kick rocks velious will be coming) , but if its still an obvious problem THAN throw in a vendor with some appearance only items or guises like mentioned..for high prices an leave it at that...yes not classic but as countless others have stated neither is a lot of stuff here on p99.

I believe a simple Platlord wipeout (which is already started one account at a time) and a police style auction (hopefully soon to come) will solve all this though.
I think getting items actually out of the game is important as well. There should be some way to remove items over time and money. Maybe quest to turn in certain items for no-drop rare items that no longer drop? "Please bring me 6 Fungi Tunics and 6 bat wings to recieve Guise ..." No drop is the key word. Not only do this with super rare items lets get some common items. This is the only way to keep items from alway only entering the economy. "Please bring me 100 diamond earrings and 45 hollowed bone bracers to receive FBSS" (Of course the text would be worded better!) Again NO DROP would be the key word. This could could be completed with any items and multiple items of multiple quantities. You want the tradeable stuff? You still have to buy from players or camp them. This would provide other options for items but all of the rewards would be NO DROP. These could lead to chains, so you turned in a massive amount of crap items for your FBSS, now you need a large amount of FBSSs to turn in for a NO-DROP Guise.

This would get items and plat out of the economy. Let's even combine the two. "Please bring me 100000 plat and 25 fungi tunics for X"

Large amounts of money can be removed as well in the same fashion buy buying some type of no drop items off of vendors or I tstill think temporary potions!
Last edited by porigromus; 05-04-2013 at 09:20 AM..
Old 05-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Aviak

Did anyone here ever play Kingdom of Loathing? Once you "beat the game" (finish the final quest), you can "ascend" your character, starting again at level 1 but with a single skill from your last play-through. Perhaps offer a similar incentive to high-level players to pay a large, fixed amount, starting again at level 1, with some kind of permanent, No Drop freebie (nothing too powerful, because it would be a special kind of rage being kicked out of a group at level 10 because some guy with his Ascended Sword of Casual Dismemberment wanted to join).

It's not "Classic," but allowing people to experience low-level content again is almost as good, right? Or maybe I'm a stupid newbie with a low post count, I don't know.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loot doesn't really rot on blue. It goes to our best clients. 200k per tooth and item prices are negotiable (discount on items if you buy a tooth from TMO). We are always open to new customers. PM if interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious. We actually have 3 VP clients currently who have been collecting items. They pay on a per-item basis and so far have gotten some decent drops. There is a short waiting list for the next people we are going to bring in.
This kind of crap goes on on a regular basis... This is disgusting and pathetic, but very true in p99.

Disable MQ, Ban account sales.

I'd love to know what Sirken thinks about this rampant non-classic BS going on on a day to day basis.

INB4 Velious, and 2 year Kunark isn't classic.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

I looked through some old screenshots in May 2010 from p1999.

Here're some prices I found:
Glowing bone callar (neck, 5ac 25hp 25mana 0.4wt) - 350p.
Drake-hide Sleeves (arms, 4ac 3sta 10hp 0.1wt) - 100p.
Foreman's Tunic (chest, 10ac 3str 3wis 0.0wt) - 150p.
Treant Staff (2hb, 10/35 9.5wt effect:root at lvl 18) - 100p.
Black Sapphire Electrum Earring (ear, 2ac 35hp 25mana 0.1wt) - 7000p.
Djarns Amethyst Ring (finger, 9agi 80hp 0.1wt) - 12,000p
Rain Caller (range, 20/45 6str 6dex 200rng 3.0wt effect:firestrike at lvl 40) - 20,000p
Mithril Greaves (legs, 10ac 7str 5svm 3.7wt) - 4000p
Watchman Boots (feet, 5ac 5sta 6.5wt effect:SOW at lvl 10; 1 charges) - 700p

Some of these are within reach of new players; 100-200p. In fact, I remember buying the Glowing Bone Collar off of a merchant in 2010 for like 40p or something. Saved a lot of money.

What're these items priced now? If mudflation is present and twinks don't usually seek out an item, I think the price should be lower, since there should be lots of this (older) item and kunark items are better too. If mudflation is present and twinks usually want an item, the price should be higher (to reflect the larger amount of currency in circulation) and its higher demand/supply ratio.

As for high level players wanting to get the best items, it will be very very expensive due to the large amounts of currency foating around amongst the higher levels. RMT and buying low/selling high (this is not illegal like RMT) will make it worse, but this applies I think to all items that're somewhat desirable.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 05-05-2013 at 02:15 PM..
Old 05-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloroform [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suggestion make a Vendor or a quest npc that accepts 500k for a guise! id drop that plat in a heart beat!
Easiest answer