Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-21-2022, 01:57 PM
Large Bat

Default Can't launch game

I'm a returning P99 player and I just re-installed the game. I downloaded the V55 patch files and extracted them to the everquest folder. Everything seemed to overwrite ok. Unfortunately, when I try to launch using eqgame.exe it tells me to use everquest.exe. I dimly remember using a "launch titanium" file when I had the game installed before but I can't find that file in this copy. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Old 08-21-2022, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Try right click on eqgame.exe, hit Create Shortcut. It will either create the shortcut in that directory, or on Desktop. Right click on the new Shortcut, and add patchme at the end of the target field.

It will look something like this (make sure patchme is outside of the parentheses

"C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
Old 08-21-2022, 09:07 PM
Large Bat

That did the trick! Thanks so much!
Old 08-23-2022, 10:07 AM
Large Rat

One more thing to note: When running Windows 11 I found that the game didn't want to run with the shortcut as it was trying to execute from C:\Windows\System. If you add a couple lines to the Launch Titanium.bat file you can fix that.
CD\
CD C:\P99

(please note that second line is to just change the working directory to the path that your game is copied to. If you do a full install, it should add the path to the registry and you should be fine, I don't bother with the install, I just copy the folder over).
Old 08-24-2022, 07:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try right click on eqgame.exe, hit Create Shortcut. It will either create the shortcut in that directory, or on Desktop. Right click on the new Shortcut, and add patchme at the end of the target field.

It will look something like this (make sure patchme is outside of the parentheses

"C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
I tried doing this as well but the "Patching EverQuest" opens and attempts to connect only to give me a connection failure

"Could not establish a connection. Please check your network connection or contact eqtech@soe.sony.com"

Any idea why I cannot connect?
Old 08-25-2022, 07:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Game Throws a .NET Frameworking Error

I am running Windows 11, I updated Windows and restarted my PC. since then When I try to run "ImperiumPatcher" to start the Imperium server, I am getting a .NET Frameworking Error. I have tried to reinstall the game, and reinstall .NET Frameworking,, still getting the same error..

Attached is the Error message.

Any ideas?

Kemik[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Files
File Type: txt Net Error.txt (6.1 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by Kemik; 08-25-2022 at 07:22 PM..
Old 08-26-2022, 12:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beirut_Bright [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried doing this as well but the "Patching EverQuest" opens and attempts to connect only to give me a connection failure

"Could not establish a connection. Please check your network connection or contact eqtech@soe.sony.com"

Any idea why I cannot connect?

Chances are patchme is inside the parentheses and not outside of it. Can you take a snip and post it?
Old 08-26-2022, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am running Windows 11, I updated Windows and restarted my PC. since then When I try to run "ImperiumPatcher" to start the Imperium server, I am getting a .NET Frameworking Error. I have tried to reinstall the game, and reinstall .NET Frameworking,, still getting the same error..

Attached is the Error message.

Any ideas?

Kemik[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try download https://download.microsoft.com/downl...ll_x86_x64.exe
Old 08-27-2022, 07:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I unlistalled .NET 5.0

Rebooted..

Tried to install the 4.0 version. (The one you suggested)

Windows 11 gave me an error, saying ".Net 4.0 is part of the Operating system, and doesn't need to be installed"

Same error when I try to launch the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for trying .
Old 09-05-2022, 05:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

How do I add lines to the launch file? Windows 11