Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

So from a difficulty standpoint,
  • You have to be on the ball and press sneak really quickly
  • Sneak does not always work, which means occasionally rogues get to die (5%?) and monks will have to FD about 1/3 of the time
  • Sneak aggro radius should not be zero, so occasionally you should get more than 1 if the mobs are close. If you have a huge train, you should definitely get more than one.

That sounds fairly awesome.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Banned

Classic EQ requiring skill confirmed.

Pretty cited 4 this, probably in next patch after this one?

8)
Old 10-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Developer

So let me get this right.

Attacking should break sneak. Including range attack.

There should be a delay for the hit.

So drop sneak. Ranged attack. Hit sneak before ranged hits. If good sneak, bingo. Otherwise die for rogue. Or FD for monk trying it.

We currently have easy mode sneak pulling, which isnt classic?

H
Old 10-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Banned

If the range attacks scores damage, break sneak. If it misses, do not break sneak but grab mob.

Lull style range agro on pulled mob. Thus the need to "split" the mobs at least enough. Vindi pulls are a "classic" (pun intended) example of l2p for monks.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide
It used to be that using a thrown weapon broke sneak, and you have to rehit it really fast to get this method to work ( so you needed to be sneaking again by the time the weapon actually connected meaning you needed a weapon with a pretty good range )
It seems any attack should break sneak, but if you are very quick you can resneak before the ranged weapon lands (right now ranged weapons land instantly I believe).

If you are sneaking, mobs should still assist aggro even if you are behind them if they are close enough to the targeted mob, i.e. it should function like a lull style spell on the others. If you calm a mob and run close enough it will still engage. The question is how much to reduce the aggro radius.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Hello

Not sure if sneak has been changed here on p1999 since i tested this on a monk i was leveling in swamp of no hope late 2013.

EDIT: here is link to my testing of sneak pulling post : http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=129821

All the mobs from the group you are pulling must be facing away from you so you are in their back arc. sneak did drop on throwing or firing an arrow (tested with a ranger friend).

as long as the mob are in the above said position. you will pull single mob every time. IF you are not in the back arc of any one mob in the group you are puling from you will agro not only the target you shot at but also the mob that WAS NOT in the back arc. This will generally cause the rest of the group to come also.

-----

The problem on p1999 when it comes to having to hit sneak again before your shot hits come is that THEIR IS NO FLIGHT TIME FOR thrown or missile weapons. so even if you hit sneak again after the shot at that point the mobs will have you on their agro list and come tear you a new one.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 10-13-2014 at 01:51 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Banned

Ya I'd 100% leave it alone until flight time is added to range. Forgot bout dat. Thought I threw a boulder or two with flight time here...
Old 10-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya I'd 100% leave it alone until flight time is added to range. Forgot bout dat. Thought I threw a boulder or two with flight time here...
I got base framework done for flight time. Guess i need to revisit.

H
Old 10-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Ranged item flight time definitely needs implemented for the breaking of sneak to be worked in.

But the lull mechanic is something I'm very interested in. Cause right now it completely removed assist range. It should just reduce the range, not remove entirely.

I'll try to find some specific camps that they talk about this being useful for and we can use as a base level of reduction.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like patch notes could be implying melee damage, not just ranged.
Oops, it seems I didn't read Daldaen's post well enough. Although, I'm going to use the excuse that I got confused by the html in the quote :P

Also, Haynar, if you're going to add back in ranged flight time, can you add in wizard bolt flight time? This is useful for Ragefire bracer pulling:

Quote:
Blazing Bracer of Fennin Ro is the best pulling tool for wars in the game imo, with line of sight zones too you can single pull, just nuke - then run behind a pillar or wall and wait for it to hit (bolt effect) then you've got yourself a single pull. (atleast most of the time)
http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...14&postcount=9

Also, I'm not sure about this post that Raev brought up:

Quote:
Take a peak out and see the positioning of all the Minos. There is 1 mino that is just near the mino elder pit. He was always my first victim. I walk up slowly! into his aggro range seeing as he faces the direction of my pull spot. Before I even get to melee range he will move to atack you as you enter his SMALLER (due to sneak) aggro range. At this point BACK UP ASAP into your pull spot. Once he hits you he will break your sneak but you will most likely be out of aggro range of other minos by then. If your fast enough you will only get that 1 mino.
This post not only implies it lowers aggro range for assist, but that it lowers it for consideration. I don't think that's true, or you never would have been able to vendor or turn in quests as indiff while sneaking. My guess is this guy might have lagged and the server thought he was infront of the mob. Is there other proof for it working like a lull? Maybe I missed it.