Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Guards as they are on the server currently are classic. Except Ledshin, who should have never seen invis.

Nirgon wants to nerf guards for some reason. Please ignore him.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned

Ya I got prof doe

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...65&postcount=9

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Nirgon for some reason still comes here and helps out... and people like this do everything in their power to troll him.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Guards were the best exp back in the day. I remember on my bard having a full group in Neriak killing guards and on my necro soloing halfling guards. The negative side to the killing was being unable to use vendors, quests, and banks in the town (and usually nearby towns) of the guards that you were killing. The benefit was decent plat and good exp bonus.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya I got prof doe

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...65&postcount=9

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That you keep on linking one or two cherrypicked noob comments to support your argument shows just how good you are at this whole "research" thing.

Here. I found one.

http://web.archive.org/web/200209051....shtml?id=1198

Level 40 guards should be able to be killed by level 5 druids. Classic.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Banned

The town front guards were quite killable for a time but you had to use snare not root. Snare would hold whereas root would break like crazy, many spells are very hard to land on them too.

I killed the east commons/west commons guards also (these were pretty damn resistant until very blue also). But.. the guards inside the towns... very resistant and this was tested on eq mac. I did it on live and it worked exactly the same way I remembered there too not that I'd say live is the end all be all but it worked. Freeport on live is... wtf.

Point being there's 2 posts I dug for and found of people backing that statement.

Notice how I didn't link something obviously wrong like what you just did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Hey... I was right about the Grobb guards... if ya'll're keepin' score at home. Freeport/Neriak in town guards were absolutely no different.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Point being there's 2 posts I dug for and found of people backing that statement.

Notice how I didn't link something obviously wrong like what you just did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
I found a post of a guy supporting that level 5 druids can kill level 40 guards.

Why are you ignoring my classic evidence?

Quote:

Hey... I was right about the Grobb guards... if ya'll're keepin' score at home.
You did a real bang up job on Guard Ledshin, who according to Allakhazam, Everlore, and EQAtlas, and everyone on this forum, never saw invis.
Last edited by Potus; 04-17-2014 at 03:59 PM..
Old 04-17-2014, 10:19 PM
Fire Giant

piping in.

Level 5 druid could kill guards i did it on live. you had to use broken pathing to do so. The guard would could not reach you on the walls of freeport. you could climb up using the tree by potion merchant and levitation.

this exploit was fixed before kunark or shortly after kunark.

PS Was horribly long kills got better at 14 when you got your first real dot.l

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 04-17-2014 at 10:22 PM..
Old 04-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Banned

Well o shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 40 guards should be able to be killed by level 5 druids. Classic.
Confirmed.

I believe mobs are listed as see invis "no" by default on those pages. There were see invis guards in that militia house area. Further, the freeport militia wasn't some group of NPCs on par with solusek kobolds... they had very high resist, very high assist radius. Going on assist radius.. when someone pissed off the guards in that area it was never 1 or 2 guards standing over their corpse.. it was many.

Necro dots/taps obviously had notoriously better resist rates than .... oh say... root :P.
Last edited by Nirgon; 04-18-2014 at 11:10 AM..
Old 05-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned

We hit the Grobb guards recently, can we get this pushed out to all guards inside towns?

IE: guards inside of Freeport / Neriak / Felwithe / Halas etc

Guards stationed at town fronts should stay immune.