Wilderness stranding 0 0%
These stairs sure are slippery! 3 25.00%
Roller coaster 2 16.67%
American Airlines Flight 11 economy class ticket 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2022, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the same logic that a racist uses to dehumanize Black people you just think that like because they don’t look exactly like you that they’re not human.

A human being is the genetic ID if a human has no arms and no legs and his face gets run over by a lawnmower that doesn’t make him not human.
Complexity vs humanity I think.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

wut1.jpg
wut2.jpg
Old 06-27-2022, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Loramin, another way to look at what you are saying about a clump of cells is that perspective is very much like the earth is flat.

I want to believe the earth is flat really badly!

But I cant prove why there is no model that exists where a sun can shine light onto a flat surface the way the sun shines light onto a round earth.

But because you cant really "see taht with your own eyes" that the clump of cells, is identical to you now in terms of your UNIQUENESS and your DNA, you are sure that the clump of cells is indeed just a flat surface like you are sure it is because of what you can "see"

You're not using science, you're using your belief system.

This is just like having a conversational bout religion. You believe that a clump of cells is a fetus, so you ignore any science that disagrees with that statement.

Its fair for you to say that YOU think that a human is not human until 15 weeks, that is your opinion.

But it is NOT science. It's a religious belief, like the catholic age of reason bullshit.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, my logic is based on scientific research; the "logic" of racism is based on ignoring scientific research;
Comparing a fertilized human egg to a gnat is not science or logic. One is a human, one is not. The comparison stops at the reductionist idea that both gnats and humans are "clumps of cells". A gnat will never be a human, and a fertilized human egg will never be a gnat.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Your unique personality and phisical apparence are created at fertilization, THAT IS ESTABLSIHED SCIENCE.

Anything else is flat earth, racism, or simple old religion.

Quote:
Genetic information is passed from generation to generation through inherited units of chemical information (in most cases, genes). Organisms produce other similar organisms through sexual reproduction, which allows the line of genetic material to be maintained and generations to be linked.
A genetic ID is a stable ID for that particular organism.

It is the DNA that makes you, you. It does not change, it does not grow, it does not get downloaded into a soul from a satalte in space.

It is the genetic information of both parents, linked together, to create YOU.

Not just a clump of cells.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complexity vs humanity I think.
Like it's illegal to eat whales, which is bullshit by the way, but not for the same reason as eating humans, which is a good restriction.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Im fine if loramin would admit that he is basing his decision of his opinion and not some scientific fact.

I think its fine for america to decide that its their opinion that constitutional life begins at week 15.

But to go around saying "i do this, because its science", when it clearly is not, is really the thing I have a problem with.

I just hate ignorance, I dont care about baby killing.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:13 PM
Banned

DNA does change after birth and external forces can change it

Nature and nurture

Living ships of Theseus
Old 06-27-2022, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You cannot change the genetic ID of your child with nurture, that is mixing up the same type of dna that anti vaxers mixup with rna

Once again, religion's "i feels" get in the way. "I feel" like changing my rna is changing my DNA and turning me into a space alien reptoid, but i KNOW that is not true.

What makes this woman wrong, and loramin right? Or is a baby not a human at 9 months either?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-27-2022 at 12:23 PM..
Old 06-27-2022, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nature and nurture

Living ships of Theseus
Witty Lamarck.