Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-06-2023, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
collateral damage is inevitable in war

that child's injuries are a tragedy for sure

it's also just 1 child out if 8 billion humans. that's 10^-8% of all humans.

people say Putin doesn't have any regard for human life.

The rest of the world only has regard for human life as long as it is employable.

which is different?

I understand the point you are trying to make, it just needs to hit harder for effect.
bless you
Old 03-06-2023, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

moving this over here for a sec

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Ukraine loses.
We've all espoused our opinions about this conflict, most of us here have got half a clue about geopolitics, so it might be interesting to see what you all think about that possibility.

say NATO gets fed up with the corruption in the ukranian gov't, and throws their hands up and says, "Ok guys, we tried to help you but you aren't holding your end of the bargain, so no more weapons"

What sorta geopolitical fallout could we expect? Russia would take the entire territory of ukraine in a long, bitter and very bloody conflict, millions on both sides will die. and China will feel like it has a green light to invade taiwan, because NATO gave up on ukraine.

That's the short term

whats the long term? new soviet bloc? EU uniting under 1 flag for "defense" purposes? China controlling the world semiconductor supply? the rise of powers in NK and Iran from their Soviet backing? Nukes in Seoul and Tehran?

I haven't given much thought to the ramifications of a russian victory

speculate below
Old 03-06-2023, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

we'll claim victory because X amount of Russian men died and their population demographic is kinda fubar'd and i always assumed Taiwan was going to be given up without a fight when it actually happens.

waiting on Israel to bomb Iran, and i vaguely remember hearing about some fucked up shit going on in Africa currently but it's Africa so "who cares - the world."
Old 03-06-2023, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i always assumed Taiwan was going to be given up without a fight when it actually happens.
This will actually be pretty interesting, China is definitely going to make a move for Taiwan sooner or later, it's written into their constitution. Their gov't is technically required to bring taiwan into the CCP.

but

Taiwan is the most heavily defended territory in the world. They even have geography playing into their favor, with most of their coastline being jagged rocks which are hostile to landing craft or soldiers. other parts are sheer cliff, theres only like 12 spots totaling less than 100km of coastline that is suitable for beach landing. You can drop bombs all day long, but it doesn't matter if you can't put boots on the ground. and theres only like 1 month per year where the waters in the taiwan strait would allow for beach landings.

Taiwan has all of our best military tech save for the F-22, which nobody has but us. The people are hardy and steadfast in maintaining their independence. Honestly the entire nation will resist CCP control, alot of their population are descendants of the chinese people who fled mainland china when the CCP gained control.

and they have the technology and weapons to back up their spirit. even without allied support they will fuck up China's day so much that the CCP would have to employ Zap brannigan's killbot strategy.

Japan and the Philippines' survival also greatly hinges on Taiwan's sovreignty, because if china controls taiwan, then they control the east and south china seas and other major shipping routes. J and P also see chinese aggression against Taiwan as a threat to themselves, because they are the next closest territories by sea.

even if the US doesn't get involved with that conflict (we definitely will, ASML is the only company in the world who can make the ultra tiny chips) but even if not, china faces superior technology from taiwan, japan and whatever the phillipines has, which i assume is a boat and some rifles.
Old 03-06-2023, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
here instead let me remind you you're replying to a picture of us doing the same shit.
So we did that intentionally like the Russians did and as many times, daily in Syria and Ukraine, like the Russians do?

It’s not analogous. Definitely par for the course for the “America First” crew. Hating america and making shit up. Parties flipped indeed
Old 03-06-2023, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This will actually be pretty interesting, China is definitely going to make a move for Taiwan sooner or later, it's written into their constitution. Their gov't is technically required to bring taiwan into the CCP.

but

Taiwan is the most heavily defended territory in the world. They even have geography playing into their favor, with most of their coastline being jagged rocks which are hostile to landing craft or soldiers. other parts are sheer cliff, theres only like 12 spots totaling less than 100km of coastline that is suitable for beach landing. You can drop bombs all day long, but it doesn't matter if you can't put boots on the ground. and theres only like 1 month per year where the waters in the taiwan strait would allow for beach landings.

Taiwan has all of our best military tech save for the F-22, which nobody has but us. The people are hardy and steadfast in maintaining their independence. Honestly the entire nation will resist CCP control, alot of their population are descendants of the chinese people who fled mainland china when the CCP gained control.

and they have the technology and weapons to back up their spirit. even without allied support they will fuck up China's day so much that the CCP would have to employ Zap brannigan's killbot strategy.

Japan and the Philippines' survival also greatly hinges on Taiwan's sovreignty, because if china controls taiwan, then they control the east and south china seas and other major shipping routes. J and P also see chinese aggression against Taiwan as a threat to themselves, because they are the next closest territories by sea.

even if the US doesn't get involved with that conflict (we definitely will, ASML is the only company in the world who can make the ultra tiny chips) but even if not, china faces superior technology from taiwan, japan and whatever the phillipines has, which i assume is a boat and some rifles.
I don’t like Taiwan’s chances. The retard Zerg is hard to beat. See: Russia v Ukraine
Old 03-06-2023, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t like Taiwan’s chances. The retard Zerg is hard to beat. See: Russia v Ukraine
I don't think China has the ships for it. Artificial reefs aren't as good as the real thing either. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2023, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how are they gonna zerg the island? landing craft and parachutes? that's a huge joke, there is a good reason why the US hasn't done either since Korea.

seriously tho how would china apply their military forces to zerg Taiwan?

im interested
Old 03-06-2023, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So we did that intentionally like the Russians did and as many times, daily in Syria and Ukraine, like the Russians do?
Yeah, when we did what russia did to Ukraine, to Iraq, we used the words "shock & awe" to describe our bombardment.

10,000 civilians died that night lol

But we had to get rid of those azov nazis (yellow cake uranium)
Old 03-07-2023, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, when we did what russia did to Ukraine, to Iraq, we used the words "shock & awe" to describe our bombardment.

10,000 civilians died that night lol

But we had to get rid of those azov nazis (yellow cake uranium)
Saddam and his army used chemical weapons and killed a million Iranians my man

In hindsight it was a bad decision but I assure you corrupt ass Ukraine isn’t the Sunni military of Iraq. Which btw became ISIS

To each their own, I voted Kerry because it was obvious invading Iraq was a mistake. It’s still not the same though