Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

I know this doesn't help the OP but I'd rather the GMs were too tight on it than too relaxed. I've reported a few suspicious duos in my time on P99 and won't apologise for it... IP exemptions are made to be exploited and I linked a chat box recently with someone selling an account, stating that it "includes IP exemption!!!!".

Would still love to know the running total of exemptions that have been given out since the good old days, but I suspect the answer is probably near 1000 if not greater and its just not talked about.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Kobold

My wife auto follows because she has no clue where were going. Funny this is, today she hadn't and still hasn't done it once. Doesn't matter though, the gm says its true, so its true! Even if shes an arm reach from me.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, assuming auto follow is a sign of two boxing seems pretty silly to me. When I'm grouped with somebody on my bard I almost always auto follow them while we run.
Yeah but you're not sharing the same IP address, so there's no issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Fire Giant

Somebody who sees two characters run by with one autofollowing doesn't know if they're sharing the same IP address or not. I'm just surprised that people would actually report based on that.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Fire Giant

And reading back, the OP said the GM mentioned autofollowing. For some reason I was remembering the person who reported him saying something about auto following.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somebody who sees two characters run by with one autofollowing doesn't know if they're sharing the same IP address or not. I'm just surprised that people would actually report based on that.
No but by the same logic the people that are auto-following on the same IP address have nothing to hide as they're genuine...so even if they are reported they should be fine.

I've mentioned this on the forums but its a humorous anecdote I feel the need to repeat... :

Way back when, Amelinda did a broadcast saying words to the effect of "I'm watching you boxing, I suggest you stop"

...within a minute, 12 people logged out. Going back to 2010 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Orc

Well i can promise you that my wife and I have been banned for over two weeks now and the only reason is Sirken being a Dick. I went afk and when i came back there were two tells, I know your there. Second one You have 60 second to respond before i ban you. I got back in time to say : do what? and i'm gone turned and looked at my wife to tell her and poof shes gone. How fair is that? He didnt watch us or he would have seen me and her playing. So now we are liars and No One will help.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Kobold

I've been nothing but honest. Next week our better internet will be installed, and maybe ill just live stream to "provide the proof" that the gms need [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Infuriati - Lighthawk - Morterapido
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

to OP
me and my group reported you both for suspicious activity.
The similar names, simultaneous casting time, and the auto-follow were cited as reasons why.
Forgive me If I am actually wrong, and that you are not a 2 boxer and just trying to enjoy the box with your partner, I just cannot tolerate boxers anymore. I sincerely apologize if this is the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzchek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well i can promise you that my wife and I have been banned for over two weeks now and the only reason is Sirken being a Dick.

Well, I'm sure insulting the GMs on the forums is doing your case for unbanning the world of good :/

Reckless Sirken is a loose cannon, right? Just bans who he likes and does what he pleases..there is no rulebook. As has been said they look at everything, I'm sure they didn't just conjure it out of the air.
Closed Thread