Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 11-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get the stuttering also. To test it, I often go 3rd person view and swing the camera around me in a large 360 circle nonstop. When its bad I cannot get all the way around before a hickup hits and the camera freezes for a split second as I rotate. Its been worse lately, but somedays it isn't bad at all. It doesn't happen with EQlive.

I've found that rebooting my computer clears it up sometimes, but its hard to tell. Rarely it gets bad enough that I will not even attempt to solo as the hickups at the wrong critical time could kill me.
I have this too. On EQLive no stutter at all when I mouse move, but on P99 it goes from hardly noticeable to fairly substantial freezes. Been doing it for years tbh I just deal with it.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Have you tried turning off mouse acceleration/enhanced pointer precision?
Last edited by Argh; 11-25-2017 at 11:05 AM..
Old 11-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Few things to check:

1) Have logs on? If your log file is big archive it and let the client start a new one. After a certain size the log file makes the client run like hot garbage. Also try filtering out some text - you're getting all hits/misses/etc from everyone it looks like. That's a lot of shit (especially when group actions happen - ever been the plane of hate when they all shout? can't avoid that fucking your client for a second or two)

2) Shadows off or lower the clip distance (see if it helps) - I think this is more or less the problem as I get the same exact slow down if there are 100-200 folks on screen with shadows on and the clip distance is maxed out

3) Hide NPC/PC names (see if it helps)

4) Lower/turn off particle effects (see if it helps)
Old 11-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Ok, so I think I solved this problem... Or I did as it related to Destiny. Haven't had enough time in EQ yet over the last day to test it out so I dunno if it fixed the problem here.

Turns out my mouse software had my polling rate or refresh rate set to 1ms which I guess can negatively effect your CPU usage. I turned it down to 4ms (could drop it further to 8ms but that felt really weird and delayed) and now my only lag/slowdown in Destiny is directly because of my CPU limitations. It otherwise runs fine.

Still need to test it out in EQ, which doesn't tax my CPU at all. Seems ok initially but I need to test it out in some raiding situations where there's more people present.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 11-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so I think I solved this problem... Or I did as it related to Destiny. Haven't had enough time in EQ yet over the last day to test it out so I dunno if it fixed the problem here.

Turns out my mouse software had my polling rate or refresh rate set to 1ms which I guess can negatively effect your CPU usage. I turned it down to 4ms (could drop it further to 8ms but that felt really weird and delayed) and now my only lag/slowdown in Destiny is directly because of my CPU limitations. It otherwise runs fine.

Still need to test it out in EQ, which doesn't tax my CPU at all. Seems ok initially but I need to test it out in some raiding situations where there's more people present.
That will be One Lodi belt please.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-25-2017, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Shut up tupak u didn't help!

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 11-25-2017, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shut up tupak u didn't help!
I drove your ass to the answer!!!!!

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-25-2017, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what ultimately solved the issue was getting off an AMD/ATI system and getting on an Intel/Nvidia system.
This is my next step. I've been using Nvidia as long as I've been using PCs and I got a hand me down AMD card from a friend last year and while I appreciate it, it's been nothing but a nightmare. Also my CPU is a decade old AMD that I got in 2013 when it was already old and dated and it can't run anything worth a damn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I drove your ass to the answer!!!!!
No really, one of my friends Google fu'd this for me. You were absolutely no help, whatsoever lol

Did you mean you drove me to get help from people that weren't you? If that's the case you're right, I owe you big time!

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 11-25-2017, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is my next step. I've been using Nvidia as long as I've been using PCs and I got a hand me down AMD card from a friend last year and while I appreciate it, it's been nothing but a nightmare. Also my CPU is a decade old AMD that I got in 2013 when it was already old and dated and it can't run anything worth a damn.

No really, one of my friends Google fu'd this for me. You were absolutely no help, whatsoever lol

Did you mean you drove me to get help from people that weren't you? If that's the case you're right, I owe you big time!
Could of lead with you are running a fucking toaster.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:40 AM
Sarnak

When I had problem's with my mouse the 1st thing I did was go into the Display options in EQ and move the slider for, Max Frames per Second, down to 59-60 to match the refresh on my monitor. This helped greatly.

But I still got some issues with random erratic mouse movement when turning with the mouse instead of keys. What I did here was created some bin windows in the EQ UI just using the New Chat Window function. Created the bins, and dumped stuff using the filters like others spells, others hits, others missed etc into them. Everything I didn't need to see or want to see would go to those bins.

And then I would minimize the windows. And this again helped. Seems text lag can cause movement to be crappy at times, and if you use the bin method I described, you can see that after 5-10 minutes if you go to open the window again from it's minimized state. Upon opening the window everything is still fine until you go to scroll through the text, and you will get a client freeze or a few second or more depending on how much shit it has to scroll through. Once it's caught up the client responds again.

With the bin windows minimized the chat windows still receive the text but the windows do not automatically scroll. When you open them up again and start to scroll, that's where the performance is hit. So it is likely if you have windows open for chat and have a lot of text scrolling through them, then this could be causing hit's to mouse control when trying to turn and look about. Kelethin used to be murder.

Maybe worth a shot to try at your end?