Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 11-30-2023, 01:13 AM
Skeleton

Default Watching Wiki and Youtube while playing

Question 1:
Can I look at wiki, while my character is doing stuff, like fighting etc.?

I imagine people allow people looking at the Wiki while playing. I'm just wondering as to how far and how long. Sorry if this is a dumb or redundant question. I appreciate any answers.

So, you have to be in front of your screen as long as your character is doing something. If I click over to the P99 wiki for a like 20-30 seconds, and the wiki covers the whole and/or majority of the screen, is that against the rules?

Question 2:
Can I watch youtube while playing EQ, as long as youtube is mostly in the background?

If I watch youtube while playing, but have the Everquest Window as the main window, the majority of the time, is that ok? If I'm playing EQ and watching youtube in the background, and then I have to click off a loud sound or something off youtube, is that ok? Like if I were to click something on youtube for 10-30 seconds, would that be against the rules? Clicking youtube for 10-30 seconds, around every 10-45 minutes?

When I ask is it ok to watch youtube, I mean putting it in a window behind the EQ window, but I could still see the youtube video in the background on the other window. Is that allowed?
Last edited by ScarabBp; 11-30-2023 at 01:15 AM..
Old 11-30-2023, 01:21 AM
Aviak

TBH I'm not sure the rules on this but I usually watch videos in the background. As long as I can see the game I don't see the problem. WinEQ helps a lot since it can be in windowed full screen.
Old 11-30-2023, 01:34 AM
Skeleton

Thanks for the response. I don't know if I wrote good enough technical numbers. I was just trying to be technical, and also not make it spammed full of numbers.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Absolutely, totally fine. The issue is if you have something automatically pushing buttons for you (automation); or if you, for instance, park a pet on a mob’s spawn point so the pet farms for you indefinitely.

Turning on autoattack and tabbing over to YouTube is not what those rules are talking about. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EQ + one other form of entertainment is an ideal combo. Enjoy.