Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Skeleton

Default /Anon off

/rant on

I have found that for the most part many of the people I have run across the P99 blue server have been really nice and pleasant, Maybe it’s just me but it really bother me how many people use /anon on this server.

I get it sometimes you want to log in and not be harassed by people looking for rez or ports, but not all the time. After all this is supposed to be a social game that’s the whole reason we log in and play online, why shut yourself off to meeting new people, imagine all the friendships your possibly missing out on.

/rant off

Toomz/Rulz

Proud member of <Heroes>
Old 02-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

I had the same viewpoint until I started playing a cleric. On a druid it's easy enough to tell them you don't have time for a port or are busy with other things. The amount of tells on a clicky cleric is absolutely nuts though. I can't even believe some people giving lip because I wouldn't travel halfway across a few zones to rez them- even if they are just a minority.

Otherwise on most other classes I don't see a use of /role or /anon outside of raiding

Edit: (outside of actually just wanting solitary gameplay)
Old 02-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

I wish more games had /anon and /role, have there even been any since EQ?

I enjoy the fact that someone can't instantly see what class I am (even if in the same zone), nor what zone I might be hunting in if doing it globally, and I don't even play any of the heavily /whoed classes.

I do take it off if I'm looking for random group invites or conversations though (but a lot of time I'm just soloing on a character while watching TV and not able to do groups/conversations).
Old 02-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Most people leave up /role so other guilds cannot see their location, for raiding purposes.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

[ANONYMOUS] Soandso

Soandso says 'Hey can anyone spare any gear for a starting (class x)? I'm new to the game and need some help'

No, because if you know how to put an anon tag up, you've been here more than 5 minutes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

On the flipside, if you're a cleric that wants to browse the EC spam... I dare you to leave your level/class showing - having to say no to the dozen or so rez requests (some of them from level 8 characters who died in CB) taxes your conscience as much as anything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[ANONYMOUS] Soandso

Soandso says 'Hey can anyone spare any gear for a starting (class x)? I'm new to the game and need some help'

No, because if you know how to put an anon tag up, you've been here more than 5 minutes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best are those who run up to you and ask for buffs. So you /who them to get a jist of what they need and they are roleplay. And then they have the nerve to have the most ambiguous looking gear.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

/anon and /role shouldn't exist at all. Worst addition to game well ahead of exp penalties for hybrids and such.

It especially shouldn't exist on PvP servers though. You should be able to hunt down whoever you want. Being able to anon/role on a PvP server is absolutely retarded.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best are those who run up to you and ask for buffs. So you /who them to get a jist of what they need and they are roleplay. And then they have the nerve to have the most ambiguous looking gear.
I regularly buff noobs as i'm running by...EXCEPT those dumb enough to have /role on.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

anon/role are useful especially on pvp servers. how about instead of /who all'ing them you just send a tell and talk to them. this is a social mmo afterall.