Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiimir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't run it from the launcher then... The EQEmuLauncher is always borked...
let me clarify some things:

first of all, i wrote EQEmuLauncher ages ago, on 99% of the users, it works smooth, sometimes it has connection problems, but that is not always my or my servers fault.. you see the "newsbox" on the top? if its moestaverne.com which has problems, there are no news there.. if its the eqemulator serverlist, then news are there but the serverlist doesnt show up..

also when refreshing, it says "connecting to eqemulator.com" -> this is actually just a text, it doesnt connect to "eqemulator.com", it actually connects directly to moestaverne.com which caches the serverlist, which is requested directly by the eqemulator.net ip (so moestaverne.com doesnt spam eqemulator)

i stopped playing this game ages ago (way more than a year now), and so did most of my friends i played with...
however im still running this service for free for you guys and even did tiny updates and trying to keep it online..

my server hasnt had a single DDoS attack before the eqemulauncher, now its like on a monthly basis..

in june 2012, the launcher has been started 30529 times and i got 1 feedback-email saying it doesnt work since june.. so in my opinion: most of the people using the launcher like it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thats just my 2 cents, and to the ddos retards a quick reply: go and f**k yourself!
Last edited by Rumzuck; 07-04-2012 at 02:10 PM..
Old 07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blancah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Create a shortcut to eqgame.exe (right click>Send to>Desktop) and in the file path put "patchme" behind the location. Keep in mind this will stop autopatching and you'll have to apply any patches manually by unzipping the contents into your Everquest folder.

IE the following exactly as it appears for whatever path you have:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme
Hmm...Where do I get the zipped file? On the Getting Started page it just says to download the eqemu launcher to patch and doesn't have a link for the patch directly.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

it wont make a difference anyway, the launcher only gets DDoSed because of P99, so you wont be able to log in to P99 anyway
Old 07-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm...Where do I get the zipped file? On the Getting Started page it just says to download the eqemu launcher to patch and doesn't have a link for the patch directly.
They usually have a link for the latest patch files on the front page. Currently it's version 23. You only need to apply it when they put out another version, of course.

http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv23.zip
Old 07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Large Rat

Friday 6 July. I have this happening right now. Anyone else?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

yes right now
Old 07-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

I never once have had issues with EQemu Launcher. Great addition to my emulated NerdQuest adventures!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Large Rat

I still cannot get the EQemu patcher to work. Been 3 hours now. Everyone else can login just fine?
Old 07-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Aviak

try it now, eqemulauncher should work again.. oh btw scriptkiddies: in your face!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blancah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They usually have a link for the latest patch files on the front page. Currently it's version 23. You only need to apply it when they put out another version, of course.

http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv23.zip
Have the url for the maps(arena and nektulous)? As someone else mentioned the getting started page was re-done and doesn't have the old links.
Closed Thread