Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-06-2024, 04:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New player has arrived

/Hail

Just landed in project 1999 after 23 years of not playing EQ !
I tried the retail version but was looking to get some vibes of the past, much like most of you I bet, so here I am.

I intend to solo a lot but I am just a little worried of my experience in the long run because being in a guild is so much more !

Is there any active guild willing to take in a returning player ? Looking to group and eventualy raid. Right now I m leveling an Erdu ENC but also would level other classes if they can make a difference in a group env.

Until then, /wave
Old 03-07-2024, 03:27 AM
Sarnak

Hey, welcome back to Norrath.

There are definitely always guilds recruiting new players, you can find a pretty comprehensive list of Green guilds here: https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Guilds

If you see one that looks good they might have a public discord link or you can always just message someone in-game with the tag and ask how to join up.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:04 AM
Fire Giant

The new player guild du jour is Friendly druids. They have lots of players in leveling ranges
Old 03-07-2024, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome man! Always great to see new people joining the server.

As an aside, if you're on the forums you might see some negative people on here. The forums are a different world from the server community; they don't reflect how great a ton of the in game community is.

Welcome back to Norrath!
Old 03-07-2024, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you're on the forums you might see some negative people on here. The forums are a different world from the server community; they don't reflect how great a ton of the in game community is.
not until you start raiding, then the thin veil of civilization fades rapidly.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not until you start raiding, then the thin veil of civilization fades rapidly.
Eh, only with respect to a select group of individuals. Even in the big raiding guilds most people are good people (Project Lightning being the exception), it's just a select few within each one that are too immersed.
Old 03-07-2024, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, only with respect to a select group of individuals. Even in the big raiding guilds most people are good people (Project Lightning being the exception), it's just a select few within each one that are too immersed.
Yeah you're right.

The idea of ppl age 40+ squabbling like children over digital loot is hilarious to me tho
Old 03-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Eh, only with respect to a select group of individuals. Even in the big raiding guilds most people are good people (Project Lightning being the exception)
lol

who pissed in your cornflakes?
Old 03-11-2024, 01:58 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the reply, its has definitly been very fun so far and I joined the Friendly Druids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cya all in game
Old 03-11-2024, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol

who pissed in your cornflakes?
They generally seem to be comprised of the group of people who are most immersed in this game and enjoy being problematic and/or trying to roadblock people just for the fun of it. Both in raiding and in general in other areas of the game. It's not that surprising when you think about why the split off happened and who drove it.

But anyway, yeah like I said server is overall good people with a select group of individuals who are not. So still a great community.