Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed.

Haha... yeah, fair enough. I dunno though, after my experience in Befallen the other night, a lengthy coprse run seems like a breeze.

Three of us died behind the second locked door and no one had the right keys to get down so our corpses were stuck in a place we could not get to. We would have had to kill the mobs that drops the keys while naked, while also making our way all the way down to the bottom past the other hordes of undead. Luckily we had a couple higher level players help us out, but if they weren't there that could have really been a mess....
Old 04-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

You don't quest in Everquest, you just kill stuff.

Basically its the most misleading game title ever. Unless you consider it one long ass quest to get to 50 and then to 60 and then to whatever the new level cap is for the new expasion Everquest: Something of Something, in that case its a very accurate title.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Kobold

jval what's your in game name and where are you located in the world?
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Banned

I must disagree.. I just completed the burning rapier quest at lvl 30 and it was hella fun... I think if you don't find good quest you are denying yourself an important aspect of the game...
Old 04-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must disagree.. I just completed the burning rapier quest at lvl 30 and it was hella fun... I think if you don't find good quest you are denying yourself an important aspect of the game...
It's not that you shouldn't do quests. There are many epic quests that have amazing rewards that are totally worth looking into and completing. It's just that EQ's gameplay is not focused on quests as much as other, new MMOs. It seems like the OPs point of view is that you hook on to a quest chain and progress that way, but EQ is much less linear than that.

There are many quests, and you should definitely do some of them. But when starting out in the game, and trying to grasp the rhythms and mechanics of the gameplay, it is probably better to understand that the bulk of your progression will be done through grouping and camping mobs, and/or raids.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Skeleton

To try to stay on topic and be more helpful though:

One quest I would recommend doing at lower levels is the Crushbone belts in Clan Crushbone. This zone is located right off of Greater Faydark (close by to starting areas if you're a Wood Elf, High Elf, Gnome or Dwarf).

Anyway, you kill orcs and collect Crusbone belts. There is a NPC in Kaladim (Dwarf city) that you turn the belts into. It is infinitely repeatable and very good exp from about level 4-10. You will get a decent amount of exp and a piece of armor to be worn or sold for every single belt you turn in. Even at higher levels, you can farm these belts and sell them to players for some pretty decent cash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Another thing to point out is that quests like this do not have to be initiated at the NPC before beginning them. Using this one for example, you can collect as many CB belts as you want before even talking to the NPC who is associated with the quest, and still go speak to him and turn them in after. I don't think this would apply to all quests, because some stages and such.
Last edited by Drax86; 04-30-2011 at 05:25 PM..
Old 04-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To try to stay on topic and be more helpful though:

One quest I would recommend doing at lower levels is the Crushbone belts in Clan Crushbone. This zone is located right off of Greater Faydark (close by to starting areas if you're a Wood Elf, High Elf, Gnome or Dwarf).

if you are'nt on that side of the world, deathfist belts are also an option. (if your in the freeport area and are'nt evil). same premise as the crushbone belts, tho deathfist does'nt have their own zone, they are found in the 2 camps in east commons and i think there might be a couple in west commons.
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Kobold

Or Gnoll fangs in the Qeynos area! Woot woot! A cash cow right there! And fast levels.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't quest in Everquest, you just kill stuff.

Basically its the most misleading game title ever. Unless you consider it one long ass quest to get to 50 and then to 60 and then to whatever the new level cap is for the new expasion Everquest: Something of Something, in that case its a very accurate title.
what he said
Old 04-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, these guys are right.

There are quests in the game. Some are quick ones that you will repeat for EXP and loot, others are epic and take days, even weeks to complete. The gameplay of classic EQ is not focused on questing though. There is no linear quest path like other, newer MMOs.

Where this game shines is being social, grouping, killing, making money, building a group of friends or even a guild, helping other players, exploring, dying, having to run across the continent to retreive your corpse, fun stuff like that. Instead of relying on quests to set your goals for you, set your own goals. Having said that though, the P99 Wiki has a pretty good list of quests to get your started if you're really into searching them out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This game sounds terrifying! D: lol, I kind of gave up on finding quests, I just worry about finding gear now, I will probably end up buying it somewhere.
Closed Thread