Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

If it was before luclin it needs to be implemented, its classic.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:49 AM
Fire Giant

Shrouds now i know the pitchforks will come out ITS NOT CLASSIC! RAAAHHHHH.

Shroud if they ever could be figured to work on emulators , are dam fun and they are perfect for our time line with some adjustments. need a healer visit local shroud guy turn into a healer shroud you have discovered. etc etc etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 04-14-2014, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Haha monster mode was fun. Haven't thought of that in quite some time.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I loaded into Monster Mode and ended up a fucking Kobold in Toxxulia i'd rage.

My fondest memory is rolling around as a Moss Snake in WFP. I met another moss snake, and we started cruisin together like bosses. We happened across another moss snake, and then another, and eventually there was about 8-10 moss snakes and 1 skelly (someone didnt get the fuckin memo). We'd roll up to level 1-2 chars and just stare at them (because you can't talk) with our blank moss snake gaze, and the player knew what was up. We were kings amongst moss snakes, legends were written about us that day. Then we met a level 3 Ranger with a rusty Halberd and we tried scrambling for our lives, but it was a massacre. Every 4.9 seconds, a brother was lost. Some of us tried jumping up and down, as it was our only form of communication, but the Ranger was filled with blood lust.
hahaha love it!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:47 PM
Kobold

50 Moss-snakes raid on one poor soul in EC lol!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I loaded into Monster Mode and ended up a fucking Kobold in Toxxulia i'd rage.

My fondest memory is rolling around as a Moss Snake in WFP. I met another moss snake, and we started cruisin together like bosses. We happened across another moss snake, and then another, and eventually there was about 8-10 moss snakes and 1 skelly (someone didnt get the fuckin memo). We'd roll up to level 1-2 chars and just stare at them (because you can't talk) with our blank moss snake gaze, and the player knew what was up. We were kings amongst moss snakes, legends were written about us that day. Then we met a level 3 Ranger with a rusty Halberd and we tried scrambling for our lives, but it was a massacre. Every 4.9 seconds, a brother was lost. Some of us tried jumping up and down, as it was our only form of communication, but the Ranger was filled with blood lust.
I loled!

Great story.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Lol awesome.

I remember this before it was only newbie zones. I spawned as a sand scarab in Nro and had a lot of fun fighting PCs. I totally forgot about this until I saw this thread.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

I remember getting randomed as a skeleton in NK. Opened up the inventory and saw: level 5 warrior. Ran around for hours trying to stay alive. Regening hp mostly =P
Old 04-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Project M was awesome. I really wish this feature stuck around and got expanded on a bit. Unfortunately, the general rule seemed to be the cooler the monster you spawned as, the more remote location you were in. The best mob I got was a shaman Kerran in Kerra Isle, which obviously encountered 0 players, and I eventually decided to try to level it a bit and died to my own Kerran brethren.

The next coolest mob I got was a mad man in South Ro, but again, never got to see any PC's. This one I did get to kill some mobs with though.

I only specifically remember getting one actual player kill in Project M, I was a puma in North Ro and stalked some low level player soloing coyotes and crap. I followed him around hiding behind the dunes for like 15-20 minutes waiting for him to get low enough on health for me to spring out and finish him off.

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 04-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Aviak

You would have been an amazing addition to my Moss Snake legion. You could have replaced that asshole decaying skeleton who just shambled around and cackled.