Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-21-2020, 09:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by equiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've read through the last couple pages and can't quite tell if anyone has p99 up and running on Catalina or higher...

Has anyone gotten wine+p99 running on Catalina? How about Big Sur?
This is not possible yet as one of two things needs to happened:

1. Codeweavers needs to make an update to their modified version of wine that can run 32bit apps on the new macs such that it will handle the DSETUP.dll file properly.

2. P99 Staff, or whoever is responsible for DSETUP.dll, need to fix/update/whatever that code/file to be able to be loaded by the Codeweavers 32bit wine program.

I have submitted tickets with both of these groups and multiple attempts to communicate and neither has really provided any valuable responses at this point. I have even offered to assist, but my skills would probably be limited in regard to doing what needs to be done.

The best method I have found so far with regard to staying on Mac is to use Parallels, set the boot option of `devices.usb.enable_mouse=0` so it doesn't fly all over and I can still move it from within Parallels and out, and then create a new Mac Display profile to adjust the gamma.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone tried getting p99 to work on an m1 macbook yet?
Yup.
I'm on a new M1 Air, 8 core, 16GB ram.

Trying to get p99 to run, and having a **** of a time. homebrew, wine, crossover, def having some issues.

Installing goes easy -wine wise or via Crossover, but launching is def another matter altogether. I've yet to get it to launch after a week of trying.

Also; hello world.
First forum post. Nice to meet you all (^.^)
Old 12-22-2020, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Hey guys;

Has anyone gotten an updated link for the wineskin? The one in the sticky (and the updated one) don't work. P99 is such a pain in the butt to get installed on my macbook!
Old 12-22-2020, 05:50 PM
Aviak

For those that are curious, my research into wine/p99 and catalina+

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=371291
Old 12-22-2020, 09:16 PM
Kobold

Thanks freez, I’ve pretty much given up by now, I’ve tried like 3 or 4 hours figuring it out. I’m not very tech savvy. I’ll just wait to play when I fly home on my PC.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:45 AM
Orc

Default Wineskin Not Updating

My wineskin wrapper has worked smoothly for over a year now. and all of a sudden yesterday it stopped opening when I click on it. Just nothing happens.

When I go in and try the suggested work around of, turning off Auto Detect GPU and updating Winetricks. Winetricks tells me it is unable to connect to the website. Anyone else having this issue, or have another solution?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2021, 10:55 AM
Aviak

You didn't happen to do an update? (Assuming you are on mac)
Old 01-14-2021, 11:05 AM
Orc

Negative.

Macbook is from 2012 so can't handle updates....

Currently running High Sierra
Old 01-14-2021, 01:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanator583 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wineskin wrapper has worked smoothly for over a year now. and all of a sudden yesterday it stopped opening when I click on it. Just nothing happens.

When I go in and try the suggested work around of, turning off Auto Detect GPU and updating Winetricks. Winetricks tells me it is unable to connect to the website. Anyone else having this issue, or have another solution?

Thanks!
I've noticed my wine wrapper often dies. Just stops working. can be random, however i've noticed if i go LD or the wrapper crashers, it often will never work again.

My solution has been to keep a master wrapper, and duplicate it. I only ever play the duplicated files (you can do this be right click -> duplicate).

I've never found a way to stop this from happening in like 7 years or so.

macOS 10.13.6
Mac Pro
2008, 2012 models.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:39 PM
Orc

Weird! ok thanks!

I'll try rebuilding my wrapper then and keep a master copy, thanks for the advice!