Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-07-2022, 08:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wondering is you could potentially alter a couple things that i think would potentially bump this right to the most used UI in p99. Not that there is anything wrong with it as is. But adding the DuxaUI style spell bar, inventory, and the ability to drag chat windows and minimize/maximize/close them would be a big plus. Would swap over to this in a heart beat with those changes. Image included with some copy paste magic to give the general idea. Would make the alterations myself but I have no idea what I am doing or where to even start.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by GuyBrush Threepwood; 06-07-2022 at 09:28 PM..
Old 06-08-2022, 12:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

While I appreciate your input, the spellbar wouldn't fit the aesthetic. And the inventory on the left side is already there?

As for the chat windows, my goal was to imitate the classic interface (now obsolete with stoneUI) so there was no room to put the title bar on them. Plus, I had no idea how to do a proper chatwindow with a template at the time, which is why this uses the chatwindow from fab (I think that's his name?) entirely.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I appreciate your input, the spellbar wouldn't fit the aesthetic. And the inventory on the left side is already there?

As for the chat windows, my goal was to imitate the classic interface (now obsolete with stoneUI) so there was no room to put the title bar on them. Plus, I had no idea how to do a proper chatwindow with a template at the time, which is why this uses the chatwindow from fab (I think that's his name?) entirely.
I guess the spell bar isn't entirely necessary. I just like it cause the spell names are always visible and I don't have to press alt to see them.

Yes you have the inventory but the Duxa UI style includes the Primary, Secondary, Range and Ammo slots which is just extremely handy for classes that have to swap weapons a lot or have clickies available in those slots.

Its unfortunate about the chat windows cause personally I like to keep one just for the auction channel which is always minimized outside of EC, one for melee combat, one for spells, and one for guild/group plus one for general chat.

The chat windows are the biggest issue for me other than that its a great UI and I understand its meant to be mostly classic. But if you ever wanna try to make another nice looking compact UI I would love to see it with those features and same side bars kind of layout.
Old 06-10-2022, 01:20 AM
Fire Giant

Wow ... anyone knows when Green will allow custom uis? I want to see if my 2560x1080 game can fit this one and make it work
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 06-10-2022, 04:28 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow ... anyone knows when Green will allow custom uis? I want to see if my 2560x1080 game can fit this one and make it work
It works on green for me. I just replace the Velious UI files with the SakUI files [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2022, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yopachi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It works on green for me. I just replace the Velious UI files with the SakUI files [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OMGGGGGGGGGG really? hmmm will have to try it
[center]
Old 06-12-2022, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Exclamation

Ok, I use a viewport of 1856 x 1392 which is the closest 4:3 resolution I can get in my 2560x1080 widescreen monitor ...

It works!

Here is a small screenshot of something I managed to cobble up with my own monitor needs.

Fading the chat windows a bit helps with the glaring canvas background texture as well.

I seem to have issues trying to drag and move the window to the bottom left, the one that has abilities, macros and the sit and walk buttons. There is simpyl no way to move it though, hope it gets fixed in the future [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[center]
Old 06-13-2022, 07:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yes, there's nowhere to click and move it at the moment, I'm sorry. However you CAN move it by editing your UI_Yourcharacter_Project1999.ini and searching for:

[ActionsWindow]
XPos1920x1080=1648
YPos1920x1080=568

and putting your coordinates there in pixels, with (0,0) being the top left corner.

At the time I didn't know what the problem was but after making stoneUI I've learned more about tweaking the interface and a future update will come at some point.

Like giving the ability to move the abilities window and solve the issue with the spell color backgrounds in the spellbook, as well as overall fixing the colors of the base texture as it is too dark compared to the original
Old 06-14-2022, 12:17 AM
Fire Giant

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, there's nowhere to click and move it at the moment, I'm sorry. However you CAN move it by editing your UI_Yourcharacter_Project1999.ini and searching for:

[ActionsWindow]
XPos1920x1080=1648
YPos1920x1080=568

and putting your coordinates there in pixels, with (0,0) being the top left corner.

At the time I didn't know what the problem was but after making stoneUI I've learned more about tweaking the interface and a future update will come at some point.

Like giving the ability to move the abilities window and solve the issue with the spell color backgrounds in the spellbook, as well as overall fixing the colors of the base texture as it is too dark compared to the original
Amazing! I will be looking forward for the updates!!!! I love it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Will you upload it to eqinterface? or will it remain a private download?
[center]
Old 06-14-2022, 07:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I should upload my interfaces to eqinterface if only for preservation and ease of use [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just never created an account there