Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

Default Classic Timeline Idea Thrown Out?

Quote:
The server will then progress through all patches on the same timeline as Everquest's original launch, all the way up to the last patch in Velious.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333743

This is what I signed up for months ago. Where did the timeline go?

I'm hearing crazy talk that devs want to launch Hate tomorrow before Sol Ro, when Sol Ro was a month before Hate. Also hearing GMs suggesting future content may come earlier than the classic timeline (Sky???). Supposedly the allied guilds can't get along so GMs want the devs to throw more content down their throat and deviate from a classic timeline?

The timeline that was here was removed... Which is okay because it wasn't accurate with Hate a month before Temple of Sol Ro patch...

What the heck is going on here... lol. Y'all gonna drop Hate on us tomorrow when it's suppose to be all of the amazing Sol Ro quests first and no more legacy items.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

You can't have it classic. Its impossible to do it exactly as it was. Otherwise there's little patches, big patches, and an order that not everyone exactly knows. Not even all the legacy items go at once if you want to be accurate.

Right now we don't know what they are going to do. We already DO know that they are doing the big content as full month patches. That's already not as classic as possible, but you know what

This is the best we have right now. Chill out and enjoy it ;D

And even if its in the wrong order, that means people will experience a new goofy order to the experience.. like using a randomizer in an old game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2020, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

Where do you see that they are dropping hate tomorrow except the post where it was removed? The fact it was removed lands more evidence it may have been incorrect.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm hearing crazy talk that devs want to launch Hate tomorrow before Sol Ro, when Sol Ro was a month before Hate. Also hearing GMs suggesting future content may come earlier than the classic timeline (Sky???). Supposedly the allied guilds can't get along so GMs want the devs to throw more content down their throat and deviate from a classic timeline?

The timeline that was here was removed... Which is okay because it wasn't accurate with Hate a month before Temple of Sol Ro patch...

What the heck is going on here... lol. Y'all gonna drop Hate on us tomorrow when it's suppose to be all of the amazing Sol Ro quests first and no more legacy items.
Everything is guessing, nothing is verfied atm, yes sol ro and legacy removal should be before PoH.
Devs are doing their best with what's available to them and seem to be doing their maximum to somewhat follow the timeline, it doesn't have to be THAT precise and whatever will be will be.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What a crybaby retard.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

@OP
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:50 AM
Sarnak

Didnt Rogan post that the wiki is now correct on the timeline and even link it?
Old 05-01-2020, 02:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

With how crowded this server is I would love for the timeline to be accelerated. Having the only high level dungeons being Sol B, Guk and Kedge with the only raids being Fear, Nag, Vox, Phin ( i know FGs are considered a raid but they are a joke) with so many max level characters is really boring. We already aren't classic with the stupid nascar race from the zone line for raid mobs. Might as well make it more enjoyable and spread out the population. Plus with how easy it is to get to 50 adding Kunark would finally allow for some level differentiation to occur.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

There was some doubt about the release dates for the various planes, but I hunted down all the 1999 patch notes (that I'm aware of) and got those dates nailed down. The devs adjusted the server timeline accordingly to fit the patch messages.

What you're seeing isn't 'deviation from the classic timeline', it's the timeline becoming more classic over time.

I understand in the Trumpian era that everything seems like fake news, but this isn't a conspiracy, I promise.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Classic timeline went out the window months ago.

to paraphrase Verant,

"You're in Rog-bog's World Now"
Closed Thread