Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

Yes absolutely

Plenty of lower level players. With Velious coming out soon you'll get a shot at utilizing some of the lower level zones too (tower of frozen shadow, etc).

Now is probably the best time for people to get involved!
Old 05-14-2015, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

OP,

Why not start now? For me, the joy of EQ is the EQ experience. I've played other MMOs, and they're alright or good, but it's running from one exclamation mark to the next. I have a hard time sticking with them, too.

And coming back to EQ I figured out why: I started playing MMOs with EQ. The grind, the free for all experience, and the ability to play through the game and not miss "the story" just because you're not constantly questing or you missed one.

Play EQ to have fun. Play EQ to get the best gear that you can. If it's raid stuff, good for you. If it's crappy stuff that just allows you to be effective at level 60, good for you. If it's just to level a bunch of alts with no main, good for you.

EQ is about the experience. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2015, 09:35 AM
Kobold

OP,

I found out about P1999 Feb of this year. Installed, and I think its prolly the best gaming decision I have ever made. Being older, and more mature, getting other real life things in order and settled down. I'm able to come back to this game with a fresh perspective. And am able to enjoy this game in a completely new light.

DOOOOO EEEEEET!!!!
Old 05-14-2015, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

What always made EQ "worth it" was the trip to the end game.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Orc

The trip and the friends you make it with. I find that EQ (or any MMO for that matter) is much, much better when you don't go it alone.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of starter gear is so cheap that its just given away now adays. End game gear is very much about how much platinum you own.
Well stated, and there are few Guilds on here that have from level 1's to 60's in them. So the top end people help with ports, advise, gear, plat, etc. at times.

And like been said with Velious coming out in August opens up a lot more zones and fees up a lot of the old ones. Win, Win. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Large Rat

There is still a lot of players in low level zones.
You can start playing for sure !
Old 05-14-2015, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all,
Recovering eq addict 15 years sober.

I was wondering is it even worth hopping onto this wagon knowing that the top end is all dominated?

What I mean is that is it even possible to get gear / gear myself up as once I reach the 50s?

I'm not talking about the best in slot or anything just reasonably decent so that I'm not a total gimp i.e decaying skeleton cloth armor @ lvl 60.

Thank you.

P.S Lvl 4 Enchanter and rising [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There seems to be people playing in every zone. Lowbies killing Orcs at in EC, lots of groups in Oasis killing crocs, lots of groups in LOIO, etc. But like a few have said, because there is some top heavy numbers, it drives some of the gear to cheaper prices. Put people are still buying pelts, belts, and bone chips.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

It feels just as busy in low/mid level zones on this server as I remember it being back in the day. The endgame has gotten much more tolerable with the raid rules in place. I definitely recommend joining a guild that's on the sky rotation when you get high enough, though.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:44 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
if you like EQ be very careful...p99 might ruin your life again!
Oh well. I survived it the first time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread