Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

Exclamation Connection / Lag issues lately...

Hi, i play on this server for like 3-4 months, and i never had any issues... but lately theres a weird issue happening from time to time that i have no clue what is, ill try to explain.

I try to load the EQ, it opens, and when i put my login/pass it just takes forever to load, most of time doesnt load, nor get to the server select... when it get past to the server select, also freezes and etc (just pure lag, desync with server).

When this "wave of lag" comes and i am online, my latency stays the same, altho it takes like 2-3 mins to send a tell to someone, or cast a spell.

Usually this have been happening at late EST timers and gets fixed in like 3-4hrs (usually i go to sleep and when i come back, its working again).

First i thought it was my connection with "USA" games (since i am from Brazil). But... Diablo works, WoW, SWTOR, League of Legends, and etc, all of those work perfectly without any lag issues nor loading issues...

Also when i try to load the p1999 forum page it just takes forever and many load/reloads to go thro... wich got me to start thinking it was just a direct issue with you guys link/ip, or w/e.

Thing is: I didnt have any of these issues 3 months ago, it just started to happen from 1-2 weeks, and as i said its not everynight, or everyday, its some nights... wich got me to wonder if you guys are changing something, testing something that makes my connection from Brazil be slower or whatever...

Anyways, id like to have some help on this if anyone has a clue on whats happening... and how i could fix it.

I got 2 RL friends with same problem, we all play it from Brazil.

Thanks for reading, i hope i made myself clear.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Im having the same exact problem for three days now and it has zero to do with my internet connection, which is amazing. This is a serverside issue and needs to be fixed because I am currently unable to play...at all!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

I am not sure if this issue is serverside tbh, but its very weird that out of all games i have installed its the only one that when it shows this "lag issue" i try the others, and they are all working.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Happening to me with my home computer... all the players vanish and it's just me and a few mobs. I never actually timeout... I am still in the game walking around but I can't click any spells or give tells... when I zone the game freezes. Sucks!

But good luck getting any fix. It's a networking problem and no host EVER helps with networking problems. You will get the "WE CAN'T HELP YOU WITH YOUR INTERNET" excuse even though there are clearly routing problems between ISP and the host server. We are left here to whine until like magic it will go away...
Old 09-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Kobold

Having the same issue all of a sudden. Very strange. Never had any problems on p99, nothing changed with the server or on my side and all of the sudden I can't log in.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:50 AM
Aviak

I had some issues like that as well earlier (around 1-2 am EDT). It seemed like every time I zoned, there was an even chance of normal zone, 3-5 min zone time, or total freeze. I had some chat delay but it was not severe. Also, while waiting in EFP for the boat the zone disconnected from the chat server. It reconnected before the boat arrived, but when I got on the boat, I froze & crashed zoning to OOT. I had to gate out when I loaded back up, as I got dumped in the ocean... and when the gate zoned me to EC I froze again & had to force close the game.

I've crashed while zoning before, but never that much.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

I'm having these same issues. They've happened before in the past... I thought it had something to do with certain ISP routes to the server at that time. I am using Time Warner internet in Nebraska.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Happening to me with my home computer... all the players vanish and it's just me and a few mobs. I never actually timeout... I am still in the game walking around but I can't click any spells or give tells... when I zone the game freezes.
Having the same issues, especially today.

Twice I have had the can't get track list, can't cast spells thing.

We have Comcast Business for our ISP.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Wow, just happened and was bad. Lots of people having issues.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Kobold

Huge lag is coming back at this moment! :'(

Former TMO / Aftermath - Retired from Blue
Deathproof Tete`de`Mort 60 Necro.
Jemora 60 Rog.
Sinitrose C`la`Crise 60 Sham.
Sheana Kanbake 60 War.
Yapas D`Lezard 60 Monk
Patate Creme`Fraiche 60 Wiz.
Gnolife Le'Roi'Soleil 60 Mag.
Bisou Frenchkiss 57 Clr.