Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default Is dropping plat (on the ground) classic?

I can't remember if this is classic or not, but I'm pretty sure I remember being able to drop coinage on the ground. Here I can only drop items.

I did some searching and did not see another thread about this. Can anybody confirm either way?
Old 05-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, its how most people transfered stuff in classic. I dont know if its client side or not. But you could indeed drop coin on classic.

Best image I could find on google hehe

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Phallax; 05-30-2010 at 04:00 PM..
Old 05-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Project Manager

You most definitely could drop coin on the ground.

As far as I know, it is not possible with Titanium onward. Maybe a fix for it will be found somewhere.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

They stopped it because people used to exploit by dropping coin, and /qing out before the game saved them, then logging back in, still having the coin and having the coin on the ground.

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 05-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

It also crashed zones, if done in large enough quantities.

Something about running across the Karanas, leaving a breadcrumb trail of copper. Servers didn't like that.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They stopped it because people used to exploit by dropping coin, and /qing out before the game saved them, then logging back in, still having the coin and having the coin on the ground.
I don't understand that. What is /qing? How does a player NOT get saved when they "log out"? How do other mmorpgs prevent this from happening? Is this how people, in general, dupe?

You said they removed coins from dropping, but players could still drop items. So what stops a player from dropping an item, and /qing out before the gave saved them and logging back in with two duplicates of the item? That's the same exact behavior, just not with coins. Are players doing that now, as we speak?

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 05-30-2010 at 04:14 PM..
Old 05-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Kobold

I say re-enable shared banks instead of bothering with this. As it is right now the only way to transfer plat is asking someone else to hold it.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

In classic, not sure till when. A consented corpse could also be looted to the one consented. That was also a way of transfering. It got changed before Kunark tho because alot of people would get dry looted when just trying to get thier corpse drug when they were balls deep in a dungeon.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand that. What is /qing? How does a player NOT get saved when they "log out"? How do other mmorpgs prevent this from happening? Is this how people, in general, dupe?

You said they removed coins from dropping, but players could still drop items. So what stops a player from dropping an item, and /qing out before the gave saved them and logging back in with two duplicates of the item? That's the same exact behavior, just not with coins. Are players doing that now, as we speak?
A looong time ago, the game "saved" your character every I think 30 seconds. So people would drop coin, and /quit out before the game auto saved, when they came back, they still had their old coin count, plus the world had saved the coin on the ground. When that exploit was discovered they stopped allowing coins to be dropped I think.

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Removing coin drop happened post Kunark

Im sure of that, as I used to drop plat I earned selling Wu's Armor to Iksar monks, so that I could xfer that plat to a mule that was bound in Antonica
Yukona Goldweaver, 250 Tailor of Erollisi Marr and lvl 10 nothing of p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread