Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

Default PvP Zone?

I know I'm not the only one desperate for some PvP action here on P99. Would it be possible to add a PvP zone where everyone is flagged when they zone in? I was thinking something along the lines of using a zone from an unused expansion and possibly splitting into two zones with one being 1-30, the other 31-50. Entrance would be through a nondescript NPC translocator somewhere like EC tunnel.

Would this ruin the classic feeling or add some much needed PvP? No loot, no rewards, just a place to get beat up and corpse camped.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know I'm not the only one desperate for some PvP action here on P99. Would it be possible to add a PvP zone where everyone is flagged when they zone in? I was thinking something along the lines of using a zone from an unused expansion and possibly splitting into two zones with one being 1-30, the other 31-50. Entrance would be through a nondescript NPC translocator somewhere like EC tunnel.

Would this ruin the classic feeling or add some much needed PvP? No loot, no rewards, just a place to get beat up and corpse camped.
Um, isn't that called The Arena off of Lake Rathe?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 08-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^ This ^^

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...just a place to get beat up and corpse camped.
WoW would be a better place if griefing people by way of corpse camping is your idea of "legitimate PvP"
Last edited by Straif; 08-22-2010 at 03:53 PM..
Old 08-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, because in The Arena you can step in and out of bounds to be safe which is completely stupid. The zone is tiny meaning everyone is within eyesight all the time basically. It's also located in the middle of nowhere so no one ever goes there except for events. Basically EQ PvP is not meant to have a safe boundary you can walk across except for zoning. That's more a dueling thing.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

Exclamation Why Not Planes??

I think all planes should be PvP.This would stop all this B/S and make guilds work it out together and I"m sure these's zones would become more peaceful fast.RZ never had problem theses kinda problems and GM did not interfer,Making player work it out between themselfs.Plus the excitement it would bring to such a boring server.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think all planes should be PvP.This would stop all this B/S and make guilds work it out together and I"m sure these's zones would become more peaceful fast.RZ never had problem theses kinda problems and GM did not interfer,Making player work it out between themselfs.Plus the excitement it would bring to such a boring server.
That would be awesome!
Old 08-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RZ never had problem theses kinda problems and GM did not interfer,Making player work it out between themselfs.
Yeah because setting up a fear raid, and having shit loads of Darkenbane, Skull and Bones Brigade and the like zoning in after you pull mobs behind the fire wall near Cazic-Thule, training your raid, and trying to pick off the stragglers wasn't a problem at all.

GM's also did certainly intervene.

I think you're forgetting the anti vs PK drama, that is just as bad, if not worse than the crap going down here in bluebie land. That, or you never actually played on Rallos past a lowbie PK.
Last edited by Itchybottom; 08-22-2010 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: Realized I made an error in my haste of typing
Old 08-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchybottom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah because setting up a fear raid, and having shit loads of Darkenbane, Skull and Bones Brigade and the like zoning in after you pull Cazic-Thule, training your raid, and trying to pick off the stragglers wasn't a problem at all.

GM's also did certainly intervene.

I think you're forgetting the anti vs PK drama, that is just as bad, if not worse than the crap going down here in bluebie land. That, or you never actually played on Rallos past a lowbie PK.
I loved Anti/Evil sides Started in COTCW and later on joined FoH was fun care less about the looting.There a few guilds on the server that need to be shaken up anyway.Maybe get Planet to come to this server (lol).Oh crap sorry Tmo
Old 08-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

I'm all for turning this entire server PvP but I know this is a classic PvE EQ server so I have no illusions about that happening. I know planes aren't gonna flip PvP, etc, etc but could we get one small token as a memory to the PvP servers where people can just go fight that is easily accessible?
Old 08-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm all for turning this entire server PvP but I know this is a classic PvE EQ server so I have no illusions about that happening. I know planes aren't gonna flip PvP, etc, etc but could we get one small token as a memory to the PvP servers where people can just go fight that is easily accessible?
It's called dueling, I'm tired of all these fake pvpers who want to want to lvl and camp in peace but then want to pvp when the mood strikes them.
Closed Thread