Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeldiablosX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then go back to your own server that you all screwed up in the first place an go back there to "relieve your classic experience" or *gasp* dare i say find a server that provides pvp? As far as the whole see invis thing... really? what are we 9 now? I never said i was a pro but your nit picking just for the sake of arguing, stop beating the gd horse it's dead.
You mean the server we came from that no longer exists because Sony merged all the PvP servers to RZ ruleset and everyone quit playing? Do you know what the the EQEmu PvP server is like? It's dominated by hackers, dupes, corrupt GMs, and so on. It's not run with anywhere near the same professionalism that P99 is and that's why no one plays there.

Also, do you know why those servers were merged? It wasn't a population issue. They wanted to add things like mercs, etc that would ruin PvP completely so they killed it off. If you look at RZ today it's huge battles... of mercs. Similar to how EQ Live blows cock now the same was true on the PvP servers.

There's no where left to go the only choice is a corrupt emulator server dominated by MQ users or EQ Live's version of an MMO you play entirely alone.

My suggestion allows you to take your classic EQ PvE character and walk into the classic EQ PvP world in a single zone for no other reason than to remember how awesome PvP was. There's no reason for anyone to go other than PvP so how can you grief? It could even use a GY effect that kicks your corpse out of the zone when you die.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Aviak

See now with responses like this, we can have a constructive conversation without all the nit picking know it all nonsense. I am sure that those servers are prolly over run by hackers an corrupted GM's not many servers are ... of quality. Live on the otherhand did destroy itself hehe the merc's were a joke and I am sure the pvp servers felt it just as much.

Now whether or not the dev's take this into consideration is beyond me, if they are trying to remain as classic as possible it really is a lost cause but who knows, if enough people show interest I am sure that one day it may happen.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Aviak

I think the best option is just to enable guilds to do PvP with other guilds, if they so choose. Rules won't have to change for everyone else but PvPers could join Guild A that allows them to fight Guild B. If that's possible, I think both sides win. The "Care Bears" can go about their business as normal but PvPers would have someone to kill.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned

Cured that is a great idea but you come up with the problem of having blues then healing the pvpers.

For example a good pvp guild in this instance would have a support guild that was blue, following them around and healing them. Then you say, well why not make it so blues can't heal the reds, cause then the reds wouldn't be around anyways cause they could do that right now if they wanted and there aren't any around.

For PvP to actually work there would have to be pvp zones, and the blues could just avoid those zones for the most part. Blues won't budge on that though so it won't happen.

If I had a good group of friends that could survive with just playing each other I would love to be in an all red guild, but as of now its not possible. I don't play enough to organize something like that and you would need about 15 people active in the guild around the same level to be productive while leveling up. It would be tough to have enough people to always have a group.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Aviak

I see what you're saying, but there are going to be problems no matter how you slice it if you plan on doing it on this server. I played on TZ and we had the invulnerable healer thing you mentioned but it wasn't as big a deal there as it may be here, given dark elves, trolls, and ogres were KOS to every other race from the start of the same, anyway.

The reason guild vs. guild works is it makes it team-oriented PvP. If some lone enchanter from guild A goes into Guk to kill someone from guild B who is grouped, why shouldn't the group defend their party members? But if an entire party from Guild A comes in to hunt that guy down, is having one or two healers really going to matter? Nope.

By doing this on a Guild level, you can let the guilds police each other. If someone starts griefing/corpse camping/in general being a douche, give him a gkick and his PvP privilege will be gone.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Skeleton

A good idea about the immy healers would be a Lineage like concept.
They might be low lvl and untouchable, but the moment they cast a spell on a character engaged they instantly become flagged for pvp.
I have no idea how easy or not that is to code.

It's a good thing we keep this thread alive nevertheless..
Old 08-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuroscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good idea about the immy healers would be a Lineage like concept.
They might be low lvl and untouchable, but the moment they cast a spell on a character engaged they instantly become flagged for pvp.
I have no idea how easy or not that is to code.

It's a good thing we keep this thread alive nevertheless..
very interesting. Ultima Online used to have something similar with a queue menu open asking "This will be considered a criminal action".

The only difference there is that you were ALWAYS pvp'able. Just flagged you as a criminal!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

i am probably wrong about this, but wasn't there some sort of function on live were you could war with another guild? I seem to remember hearing something about that but it might just have been hearsay
Old 08-24-2010, 01:53 AM
Kobold

I'm tellin' you guys... New server, dedicated mods, p1999 style, sullon zek ruleset (maybe reduce the pvp level limit to 10 or 15 levels so you can't "grief greeny" all day), cheaters take a swift banhammer to the nuts. If I could pick and chose a couple other rules... no training, and only 2 teams, good vs evil.

Although I love this server and all the work that's been done, I'd jump to this kind of pvp server in a heartbeat. Staged Dueling isn't the pvp we're looking for. "The arena" isn't the pvp we're looking for. Turning in the book isn't what we're looking for. Specific zone pvp is a start, but it's not what we're looking for, because many agree that safe zones were the beginning of the end of EQ pvp, especially when AA's were introduced: manaburn someone and instant gate to nexus, talk a little shit, afk message "lawl pwned betch" and make some food, take a dump, come back and do it all over again. Retarded. The safest you could get in old school pvp was to run into your own city... but what if this certain person had ground out faction there... uh oh, spaghetti-o's. IT WAS AWESOME. And this coming from a ranger, on the super outnumbered/outgeared team, with no instant kill button, by the time I got am2 they nerfed it (before I even got to am3), and I STILL liked it that much.

I'm tellin' you if it was moderated, and the aforementioned rules and setup were implemented, it would freaking rock. ROCK I say!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:04 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm tellin' you guys... New server, dedicated mods, p1999 style, sullon zek ruleset (maybe reduce the pvp level limit to 10 or 15 levels so you can't "grief greeny" all day), cheaters take a swift banhammer to the nuts. If I could pick and chose a couple other rules... no training, and only 2 teams, good vs evil.

Although I love this server and all the work that's been done, I'd jump to this kind of pvp server in a heartbeat. Staged Dueling isn't the pvp we're looking for. "The arena" isn't the pvp we're looking for. Turning in the book isn't what we're looking for. Specific zone pvp is a start, but it's not what we're looking for, because many agree that safe zones were the beginning of the end of EQ pvp, especially when AA's were introduced: manaburn someone and instant gate to nexus, talk a little shit, afk message "lawl pwned betch" and make some food, take a dump, come back and do it all over again. Retarded. The safest you could get in old school pvp was to run into your own city... but what if this certain person had ground out faction there... uh oh, spaghetti-o's. IT WAS AWESOME. And this coming from a ranger, on the super outnumbered/outgeared team, with no instant kill button, by the time I got am2 they nerfed it (before I even got to am3), and I STILL liked it that much.

I'm tellin' you if it was moderated, and the aforementioned rules and setup were implemented, it would freaking rock. ROCK I say!
What really needs to be done is a solid group of players with a good donation history talking to the devs. I think they are "overworked and underpaid" as it is right now trying to get Kunark on the map.

With the right initiative though you can make anything happen =)
Closed Thread