Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 04:50 PM
Kobold

I'm still new, 2 characters at level 21, but I've been having so much fun with classic eq, visiting some zones I never adventured in back in the day.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:31 PM
Kobold

nope, you just hate the fact that eq classic is a solved math equation and endgame is you waiting in a never ending list for your favorite items to sell on the market, the players have ruined eq1 classic but it still remains a legend
Old 03-17-2020, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

Kunark is the glory days for sure. But Green has given me a new appreciation for Vanilla. I don’t think it “sucks” by any stretch of the imagination.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 03-17-2020, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

One cool thing about pre-Kunark is that because of its incomplete itemization, lots of crappy items are actually relevant because there’s nothing better (or at least nothing easily available). I bet every priest you see is wearing Split Paw Hide Gloves. Every ranger is questing their Orc Impaler and Short Sword of Morin because in Kunark, those will suck and much better items will be available. Then, no one will be doing all these old zones and quests and items.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:20 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Then, no one will be doing all these old zones and quests and items.
I so wish this didn't happen. Wish expansions did more horizontal progression that worked really, really hard to keep old content relevant.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

I like kunark but classic is best. Should be one char per ssn though and rp mandatory. Some sort of pvp war system would be good geographically based
Old 03-17-2020, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Im loving pre kunark. I like kunark too.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

1-40 I think vanilla EQ is fine. 40-50 I think vanilla sucks. Too few options to find either a group or a good solo spot. I basically stopped leveling my level 40 druid and will likely stop my cleric at 40 too. Once Kunark gets released I can head to Dreadlands with the Druid and CoM with my cleric to continue their XP grinding.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 03-17-2020, 10:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-40 I think vanilla EQ is fine. 40-50 I think vanilla sucks. Too few options to find either a group or a good solo spot. I basically stopped leveling my level 40 druid and will likely stop my cleric at 40 too. Once Kunark gets released I can head to Dreadlands with the Druid and CoM with my cleric to continue their XP grinding.
this. Classic doesnt completely "suck", but its vastly inferior to Kunark and onwards.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fact that eq classic is a solved math equation
Knowledge and analytics have ruined nearly every game. From Sit & Go games like poker to big spectator sports like basketball. Ignorance really was bliss.
Closed Thread