Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to get your Ogre Shaman starter gear, bags, cash, etc. I would just start with a class that can farm some plat as your first character and then go do your Ogre Shaman in a couple months and semi-twink it a bit.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:18 PM
Aviak

I just made an ogre shaman on blue recently and leveled to 5. From lizard meat quest and other loot I made around 20pp. The barb is a waste of time and any of the qeynos plat quests are going to be highly contested like rabid wolf, grizzlies etc.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Feerrott is great for plat. Each of the lizard broodlings drops a few silver and sometimes cloth, rusty weapons or even a cracked staff and lizard meat. 4 meat get you a rusty two-handed sword at the SK guildmaster that sells for 2.8 gp. No other of my test chars made as much plat as the ogre SK.

By the time you hit level 5 you can be in full shop bought leather and have more than enough plat for a combine weapon. - Or get a full set of banded from those people who make banded at cost. You might have to bring the large molds over to Freeport though.

Edit: 4 lizard tails get you a piece of tattered or raw hide armor in the warrior guild.
Last edited by Chryorn; 10-23-2019 at 05:12 PM..
Old 10-23-2019, 05:44 PM
Aviak

Was thinking about taking up blacksmithy myself and selling forged weapons and banded pieces in the evil zones. You can't buy the sheet metal locally but it's possible to craft it.

If anyone else is gonna be in the Feerrott this weekend. Hit me up! I'll be making newbie. Will be logging in Friday at launch.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

On a side note as someone who has an Ogre shaman on blue, I am SUPER jealous of you guys who are going to get a guise on your ogres
Old 10-23-2019, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

terrible strategy imo but what i did was level up an ogre a barb and a troll one for each day of the week mon tues wednesday
Old 10-23-2019, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

I understand where you are coming from, but that time spent on the Barbarian isn’t worth what you would bring over to the Ogre. Just roll an ogre and you will be better off.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:15 PM
Orc

Default None of what you propose will work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey y'all, so I am planning on rolling an Ogre Shaman however the starting area and plat prospects are pretty low. Been thinking about rolling a Barbarian to start and then transferring items to the Ogre at lvl 14. The idea is:

Level to 14 in Blackburrow. Access to gnoll fangs, good newbie quests, quest bags, clickie neck for that newbie hammer. Seems like it would be decently fast to get to 14. Once I get bind and stuff, run to Feerrott area and transfer the items, extra spells, etc to the Ogre.

Does this make any sense? Or should I just roll Ogre and slog through the first levels with a rusty mace and netted gear? What do you guys think?
First of all I have checked and the quest for the neck item that clicks Hammer of Flattening is not in Green.
Secondly you can't transfer gnoll fangs, they are no drop.
Third of all if you are referring to the quest bags for gathering fungus and Ice Goblin Necklaces, they are no drop as well.
Just start an Ogre
Closed Thread