Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Necro PL speed from 20-50 is quite good. Splurt is cheap and effective. Pull 6-8 high level (relative to person you are Pling) mobs. Root em in a conga line. Splurt then all then fd. Hit each mob once — profit.

Splurt does enough damage to drop most all content that gives up into upper 40s in a single cast.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-05-2018, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't sell your friend short on the P99 experience. Reliving those early levels with all their struggle is a big piece of the fun for most people starting on the server. Maybe instead of a PL, make a char to level up with him?
^ This.

I know you're in a hurry to play with him on your 50+ main / 40+ alt, but you're really robbing him of a lot of the fun by darting him to 30.

Make a new throwaway character / a class you've always wanted to try / a good combo with your friend, put zero investment into it and spend a week or so showing him the newbie ropes. This sounds 1,000x more fun than buying a PL or PLing him with your Necro. He'll have more fun, too. No one wants to sit there and eat XP for hours just to "catch up".
Old 03-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Orc

Start a cleric with him. One of the best duos in game, who knows, maybe you'll really like being a cleric.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:15 AM
Kobold

uhh just buy left goblin ears and skip all the nonsense
Old 03-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

I️ would agree, could pull all of north ro and get him from 2 to 10. After that have him hand in orc belts orc scalps and goblin ears to mid 20s. Befallen is a sweet PL spot, so is Uguk
Old 03-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Do Kaladim Bone Chip quest to start. much quicker than leveling 1-12 or as far as you want to try to take that quest on an ench.

Necro PL may not be as efficient as some of the other options but for an Ench you could easily get him to level 30 in a couple days without going super insane.

Ench is also super easy to level so if you hook him up with Jboots and some basic +HP shit and goblin guzaghi ring he could get to 50 in no time if he enjoys the game. if he solo's he'd also get to 50 and have some understanding of WTF EQ is b/c if you PL someone who isn't melee it's very easy for them to miss over spells, have no clue wtf is going on, and be a complete nub.

finally make sure he rolls a Gnome for his Ench. You can min/max that stuff until you die but gnome is by far the sexiest race.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
finally make sure he rolls a Gnome for his Ench. You can min/max that stuff until you die but gnome is by far the sexiest race.
My most prized spell is illusion: gnome.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

I wish my RL friends still played this game. I’d be taking the others advice and start something up with him. 60 sucks,, enjoy the grind and rock out a new class you might otherwise not have tried with him. Leveling will be much easier and fun.
Closed Thread