Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Friday it went down ALOT it bounced and went even higher, supposedly the short positions puffing the stock are still under contract for a few more days

i would not buy game at 300 thats sick , but the people in will stay for a bit, then when the bubble bombs its going to suck the dow down 2k and the nasdaq 1k as well, probably for multiple days in a row
It doesn't really matter what its doing, the conditions for what is happening at GME doesn't exist there. GME's whole concept is that it's 120% shorted, these people will have to cover their position eventually or face untenable fees while they're holding until they go bankrupt.

Buying at 300 is fine if people just hold, but I personally don't expect people to have the balls to keep it going.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Friday it went down ALOT it bounced and went even higher, supposedly the short positions puffing the stock are still under contract for a few more days

i would not buy game at 300 thats sick , but the people in will stay for a bit, then when the bubble bombs its going to suck the dow down 2k and the nasdaq 1k as well, probably for multiple days in a row
GME prank has caused more economic damage than all the BLM riots combined.

Stonks!!
Old 01-30-2021, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GME prank has caused more economic damage than all the BLM riots combined.

Stonks!!
Only because hedge funds have unlimited risk potential due to no laws regulated maximum leverage. If the “prank” wasn’t illegal, but violent destruction of property is, you have no point

Hedgefunds should probably go the way of the trade tables Christ knocked over at the Temple Mount
Old 01-30-2021, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only because hedge funds have unlimited risk potential due to no laws regulated maximum leverage. If the “prank” wasn’t illegal, but violent destruction of property is, you have no point

Hedgefunds should probably go the way of the trade tables Christ knocked over at the Temple Mount
It probably is illegal but good luck prosecuting
Old 01-30-2021, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

I was equivocal for that reason. I’m not sure whether it’s legal or not. I tend to think it is, but manipulating rubes on Reddit for your own financial gain could be considered market manipulation I guess? We let Sen. Perdue from Georgia sell off his stocks after being brief about covid in Jan/feb 2020, so if that isn’t illegal this almost certainly isn’t
Old 01-30-2021, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was equivocal for that reason. I’m not sure whether it’s legal or not. I tend to think it is, but manipulating rubes on Reddit for your own financial gain could be considered market manipulation I guess? We let Sen. Perdue from Georgia sell off his stocks after being brief about covid in Jan/feb 2020, so if that isn’t illegal this almost certainly isn’t
You people are perfectly fine with anarchy when it's not the blacks.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like its 1919 right now.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:13 AM
Fire Giant

BUY BITCOIN!

If you played EverQuest you understand how inflation affects the prices of truly scarce, unique things (ie manastone, mask of deception etc.).
Old 01-31-2021, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BUY BITCOIN!

If you played EverQuest you understand how inflation affects the prices of truly scarce, unique things (ie manastone, mask of deception etc.).
Yes no better time to buy than when its hovering near record breaking highs waiting to plummet back to 10-12k by May 2021.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

There is a lot of speculation that bitcoin is ready for another boost, but I think we proved that speculation is just speculation this last week lmao
Closed Thread