Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 12-09-2022, 07:05 AM
Banned

Default Custom DAOC server launching tomorrow

They have a bunch of custom stuff that looks interesting, although i dont know alot about DAOC. Hand crafted quests, realm balancing with bots, level cap per time period to prevent neckbeards from dominating the game, all tweaks we talked about here for an EQ pvp server. Ill be playing midgard like a couple of other players from red99.

https://eden-daoc.net/how-to-play
Last edited by Tradesonred; 12-09-2022 at 07:17 AM..
Old 12-09-2022, 08:32 AM
Banned

Like i said dont know much about DAOC, might be reconsidering which faction ill play lol

"How is realm balance at Eden's patch level? Midgard seems heavily underpopulated at the moment. Are they just not as good as the other 2 realms?"

midgard support classes are insanely fucking intense to play and the healer gets screamed at every single fight, so only competitive 8v8ers can tolerate it. Mid can run some insane configurations but they don't do well with random bullshit pickup group type lineups

we ran for months on alb celestius, had a really amazing month on hib, then tried mid and literally quit after four days because there's no cohesion and everybody there just wants to run their little gank group
Old 12-09-2022, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
realm balancing with bots
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

A big issue on most of the DAOC emu servers was the two stronger realms teaming up and destroying the weaker realm. lol

Man, I might try it out.

Do you know if they have any custom class changes?

Might have to roll a Reaver. Mine was solid on Phoenix.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like i said dont know much about DAOC, might be reconsidering which faction ill play lol

"How is realm balance at Eden's patch level? Midgard seems heavily underpopulated at the moment. Are they just not as good as the other 2 realms?"

midgard support classes are insanely fucking intense to play and the healer gets screamed at every single fight, so only competitive 8v8ers can tolerate it. Mid can run some insane configurations but they don't do well with random bullshit pickup group type lineups

we ran for months on alb celestius, had a really amazing month on hib, then tried mid and literally quit after four days because there's no cohesion and everybody there just wants to run their little gank group
Each realm is solid.

Midgard is typically known as the "melee realm" and Healers can be tough to play since they both main heal and main CC, but usually people spec one way or the other.

Just like EQ, melee classes aren't quite as successful solo or in general when compared to caster classes, so that's probably one reason they can be the weaker realm. But when you have people who know what they're doing, Midgard is almost OP and they're incredibly dominant.

Same thing kind of with Hibernia, but swap melee with casters.

And Albion is solid all-around, but their cookie-cutter 8 man groups are very specific and caster heavy, so it's sometimes a headache to play there. I swear every group has like 4 Cabalists in them...

I tend to choose a realm based on class though. Albion has the best wizard and assassin, Hibernia has the best archer and PBAOE'er, Midgard has the best Melee class options
Old 12-09-2022, 10:03 AM
Banned

Good breakdown, thanks. Still lookin up info about server, wasnt sure i was gonna play until today.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:28 AM
Banned

Yeah, it looks like a solid server.

Seems they've been paying attention to the issues that have sprung up on other servers and they're trying to address those.

It'll be interesting how they tackle gear templating issue.

I think Celestius had those ROG items that basically rendered crafting moot, but also simplified templating.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

the best part about this is seasons like uthgaard server years back.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Same 3 chumps talking about another game in pvp forum. Thread should be moved to off topic and you all should be assigned titles of the bore.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same 3 chumps talking about another game in pvp forum. Thread should be moved to off topic and you all should be assigned titles of the bore.
Let me kiss you on the cheekbone, *****
Old 12-09-2022, 03:06 PM
Banned

Im almost going blind into this, is skald a bad idea for a new player? I need to play something somewhat simple so it doesnt take me a month to contribute to a group properly.