Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 11-15-2022, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

lol thats a terrible thing to suspect.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-16-2022, 12:12 AM
Kobold

"Mellon." Speak friend and enter. It was a different time then for Elves and Dwarves.
Old 11-18-2022, 03:43 AM
Fire Giant

Getting closer to my Vision for recreating classic. Confirmed one piece of the puzzle works as I expected.

https://pvpeq.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=38

This is not the greatest emulated elf vs dwarf simulator in the world, no, this is just a tribute. You gotta believe me. and I wish you were there...
Old 11-18-2022, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Just give me GM icecommet plz
Old 11-18-2022, 11:26 AM
Kobold

Very naive.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:47 AM
Orc

I played a little on the custom server the other day. I created a dwarf rogue. Then figured out that by hailing doctor tocks (or something) standing at the BB/Kaladim ZL, I could become a Shaman, Bard, or a third class I don't remember. I became a Shaman. The client crashed, but when I logged back in I had a dwarf Shaman. Then I became a Bard. Client crashed again, but when I logged back on I was a bard. Got 1 level in Bard, but when I went back it wouldn't let me change levels again.
I did note that you seem to lose XP every time you change class. Not a big deal since you can only do it at level 1.
I chose bard because I didn't think I could get the Shaman spells. But when I got to level 2 I automatically got all my Bard spells. So then I created a new Dwarf specifically for the purpose of becoming a shaman. Got to level 4 or 5 I think. Super nice to just get all my spells automatically.
I never made it out of BB. I died a few times, it was nice to have all my gear stay and even nicer to have my memorized spells stay.
No one else was in the zones I was in, so I didn't get to interact with anyone. Was fun to level up super fast though. I'll try to get on more and see if I can get high enough level to make it into gfay.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a little on the custom server the other day. I created a dwarf rogue. Then figured out that by hailing doctor tocks (or something) standing at the BB/Kaladim ZL, I could become a Shaman, Bard, or a third class I don't remember. I became a Shaman. The client crashed, but when I logged back in I had a dwarf Shaman. Then I became a Bard. Client crashed again, but when I logged back on I was a bard. Got 1 level in Bard, but when I went back it wouldn't let me change levels again.
I did note that you seem to lose XP every time you change class. Not a big deal since you can only do it at level 1.
I chose bard because I didn't think I could get the Shaman spells. But when I got to level 2 I automatically got all my Bard spells. So then I created a new Dwarf specifically for the purpose of becoming a shaman. Got to level 4 or 5 I think. Super nice to just get all my spells automatically.
I never made it out of BB. I died a few times, it was nice to have all my gear stay and even nicer to have my memorized spells stay.
No one else was in the zones I was in, so I didn't get to interact with anyone. Was fun to level up super fast though. I'll try to get on more and see if I can get high enough level to make it into gfay.
sounds cool ))

imo ezmode eq sorta but not really cuz u know Axzten is gonna make it hardcore classic mechanically so fun times! just better QoL
Old 11-18-2022, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Seems fun and not having to get spells and train skills does let you bomb around a lot more care free.

Dwarfs should have always been a bard race and a shaman race. I guess being a cleric race precludes them from shaman hood but bard for sure
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-18-2022, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sweet thanks for trying things out. Getting kicked when you change classes is required to reload your class.
Old 11-18-2022, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronius of Midnight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very naive.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Weeoooo Weooo....

I hope the Dark Men of Odus will approve of my more classic classic server. This paradigmatic enterprise abounds with erudition.

Me big Ogre you not think it be like it do but it was. Ogre book store shame Dark Men book store.