Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 11-04-2022, 02:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New player playing as evil

Hiya friends, I am a new player wondering if starting as evil is wrong.
I've played a Barbarian Shaman up to level five and that is it, but was thinking an evil race (Ogre) might be a fun challenge.
Will I be hurting my experience overall since it is my first time playing, as well as having no knowledge of the game?
Old 11-04-2022, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

name checks out
Old 11-04-2022, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Evil is good. Good is evil. It's all subjective. I imagine troll-ogre society as the free est. And DE society is the most comfortable.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

You're a f#$kn bad ass OP you can play wahtever you want.
Old 11-05-2022, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANNED FROM SERVER [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will I be hurting my experience overall since it is my first time playing, as well as having no knowledge of the game?
No, tons of people play that way. Some people even find that being "already evil" saves them from the moral dilemma of whether to kill certain beings or races. You don't like me because I'm evil? Fine, I can kill you and your whole village.

Plus, just like an Ogre shaman isn't welcome in Felwithe or Rivervale or other good cities, a Barbarian shaman isn't welcome in Oggok, Grobb, or Neriak. Norrath's cities are about 2/3 good, 1/3 evil. Every character misses out on something.

And if you feel like you're missing out on sampling the goodie-goodie newbie areas, you can always make a level 1 of whatever race and take a look around, or even level an alt through an area that catches your fancy.
Old 11-05-2022, 09:27 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can always make a level 1 of whatever race and take a look around, or even level an alt through an area that catches your fancy.

This was the main thing I was worried about, was missing content. Going Ogre then, thanks everyone!
Old 11-05-2022, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, tons of people play that way. Some people even find that being "already evil" saves them from the moral dilemma of whether to kill certain beings or races. You don't like me because I'm evil? Fine, I can kill you and your whole village.

Plus, just like an Ogre shaman isn't welcome in Felwithe or Rivervale or other good cities, a Barbarian shaman isn't welcome in Oggok, Grobb, or Neriak. Norrath's cities are about 2/3 good, 1/3 evil. Every character misses out on something.

And if you feel like you're missing out on sampling the goodie-goodie newbie areas, you can always make a level 1 of whatever race and take a look around, or even level an alt through an area that catches your fancy.
no one 3rd is neutral and u can go to them with a little work like hobbitland and gnomeregan
Old 11-06-2022, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

You aren’t missing content, just seeing another side of it. By like level 15-25 or so it all normalizes. You might vendor or bank in different spots but even by Oasis groups are a mix of good and evil races.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

I think playing a good aligned character is more challenging.
Old 11-07-2022, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think playing a good aligned character is more challenging.
Yep agreed 👍