Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-15-2022, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Default Was the "gnomes seeing through walls" thing always classic?

Title. I only played a gnome to 20ish back on Live way back in the day, but I don't really remember that as being a distinct advantage the race had. Maybe my memory is fuzzy but I'm wondering if that "ability" is something that's actually unintended and might get fixed one day.
Old 10-15-2022, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

It may well be a "feature" of the Titanium client (I personally played larger races on live, so I don't remember) ... but if it is, it's almost certainly not going away, because this entire project is built around Titanium.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:01 PM
Aviak

Was in game long before titanium, probably since day one, used it for lull-targeting quite frequently luclin and onwards (thanks koxiux!).
Works for all models (shrunk+double shrunk) and not only see through, messes with the collision detection aswell, especially round and curved geometry.
Can jump into walls and fall through the world at quite a few places (hi demiplane of blood, thanks for the coth’s zigee!)
Last edited by ithaqua; 10-15-2022 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: Misclick
Old 10-15-2022, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

I was a Halfling in classic and could see through many walls. It was widely understood as we were all stuck in first person and constantly accidentally running into walls.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

I cant remember, I was too busy going to like this during classic

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2022, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant remember, I was too busy going to like this during classic

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Through a 14'' monitor at 800x600
Old 10-15-2022, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

I was a troll and I went to faydwer at like level 6 (I thought I was pretty much end game at that ponit) and when I was leveling in crushbone some gnome girl saw me and like ran and hid behind a rock said WHOAH! and then peeked around the corner because she thought I was an NPC and I remember it like it was yesterday.
Old 10-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Through a 14'' monitor at 800x600
That weighed 37lbs..
Old 10-15-2022, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was a troll and I went to faydwer at like level 6 (I thought I was pretty much end game at that ponit) and when I was leveling in crushbone some gnome girl saw me and like ran and hid behind a rock said WHOAH! and then peeked around the corner because she thought I was an NPC and I remember it like it was yesterday.
Those are awesome kinds of memories. Not as cool as your story but, when I first got Morrowind, I was straight up scared to leave Seyda Neen cuz I thought a cliffracer was a dragon in the distance
Old 10-15-2022, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

Good to know. Thanks y'all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]