Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-14-2022, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Default Request on the web: It shoots colors!

You ever seen something on the internet and loved it... but lost it?

A funny video or weird person doing something. But then years later, you've lost that video forever?

I've been on a quest for maybe 10 years to find an old video that was going around....

My question is what videos and memes you enjoyed on the web, that have long since disappeared?

Mine is a guy pitching a kids show I think.. he's dressed like Jesus, and he looks untrustworthy with kids, more like Gandalf the brown than Gandalf, if you compared him side by side to Jesus.

He's holding a staff, and talking about a character, maybe even jesus is the main character, and he has this magical staff... and he says "IT SHOOTS COLORS!" and all the kids love it.

If you know what I'm talking about please help me find this video.. If you're looking for a video or a picture, please ask about it, I want to find these things. We are all sick, we may know!

It shoots colors!
Old 05-14-2022, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

My "white whale video" was the promotional video that Jim Henson made to try (unsuccessfully) to get the Muppet Show on CBS.

I got to see it in college for my Muppet Magic class, but after that I couldn't find it to show to anyone else for years (even though it's a fun bit of history), because it was never officially released anywhere.

Thankfully though it's now it's on YouTube [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So nothing to hunt for here unfortunately.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:02 PM
Banned

Naw.

maybe 1 day
Old 05-14-2022, 02:03 PM
Banned

There’s particular scenes from movies which I wish were clipped on YouTube but aren’t

Like WAYY back in the day I was making WoW pvp videos for my first level 60, a rogue. The honor system had just come out, and by the end of the first week I had pvp’ed so much I was the highest rank you could get in 1 week which was Knight (for alliance because my first char was a gnome, I forget what the horde version was)

I had all these great clips of me ganking people, and at the end I wanted to put a quote from the movie Kingdom of Heaven with Orlando bloom:

Priest (skeptically saying): Does making a man a Knight make him a better fighter?

Balian (Orlando Bloom, deadpan serious): Yes.

It was in one of the trailers, not this one, but this trailer was really good, one of my favorite all time movie trailers. Too bad the movie supposedly sucked so I never saw it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 05-14-2022, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Another one I used to quote when I was a kid was a commercial in the 1980s where a kid would go "it takes wheat to make wheat!"

And I cant for the life of me remember what the advert was for but I see it clear as day with a kid holding 2 forks and eating cereal smiling at the camera when he says it.

Quote:
There’s particular scenes from movies which I wish were clipped on YouTube but aren’t
Yeah the scarcity of office quotes on YouTube is a big contributor to my nihilism.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:26 PM
Banned

Another scene I wish was clipped (it is but I wanted just this part of the dialog), was the scene from the version of The Hulk with Edward Norton where the villain played by Tim Roth becomes Abomination. Back in the day friends and I had experimented with PED’s and I really wanted to send them this clip:

Samuel Sterns : Now what possibly could I have done to deserve such aggression?
Emil Blonsky : It's not what you've done. It's what you're gonna do. I want what you got out of Banner. I want that.
Samuel Sterns : You look like you've got a little something in you already, don't you?
Emil Blonsky : I want more. You've seen what he becomes, right?
Samuel Sterns : I have. And it's beautiful. Godlike.
Emil Blonsky : Well, I want that. I need that. Make me that.
Samuel Sterns : I don't know what you've got inside you already. The mix could be an abomination.
[Blonsky grabs Sterns and lifts him up]
Samuel Sterns : I didn't say I was unwilling. I just need informed consent. And you've given it
Old 05-14-2022, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Priest (skeptically saying): Does making a man a Knight make him a better fighter?

Balian (Orlando Bloom, deadpan serious): Yes.
https://youtu.be/ahDJNGERFHM?t=298
Old 05-14-2022, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

It wont be long that we can just ask an AI to like make that video out of stuff as easily as we google, I wonder.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol there it is. Just 11ish years too late
Old 05-14-2022, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol there it is. Just 11ish years too late
I like that movie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]