Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-28-2022, 08:39 PM
Banned

Wink

OP, i too have permanently shelved what I thought was my favorite class (SK) in favor of a class i previously rolled as a joke (NEC) initially to play with an IRELF
Also joined iksar bandwagon with current NEC, as can’t deny innate regens bonus when you’ve flopped successfully at sub 100 hp (happens more than u think)

agree 2that next time is new class or perhaps finally revisit untouched live class for the first time since live (wiz)

***I love Kunark!!!!
Last edited by Chortles Snortles; 01-28-2022 at 08:42 PM..
Old 02-02-2022, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

I too think Kunark is my favorite era, something about its size and mystery makes it magical to me. Its huge, but also densely explorable and dipped with content. Velious has giant zones of emptiness with little points of interest, like the planets in the vastness of space. Theres something so different in their design
Old 02-02-2022, 12:03 PM
Banned

I learned that not everyone will stay and play all the way to velious

vektis, jennaveeve, etc where you all at! =(
Old 02-02-2022, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I learned that not everyone will stay and play all the way to velious
it was the start of extreme ac and giga hp fights which lead to luclin
next server if they cap it at kunark and sped up raid respawn times to a day or so would be perfect
Old 02-02-2022, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

I learned I made the right decision to just stay on Blue.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I learned I made the right decision to just stay on Blue.
Old 02-02-2022, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

That the beginning of the server is fun when everyone is starting fresh and the world is crowded, but by the time Kunark is released there’s really no point to not just playing on Blue
Old 02-02-2022, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really wanted to also get my first epic of all time, but I've resigned that even choosing the easiest classes for epics won't make it that easy. I really had fun questing for my robe of the lost circle, but I'll never be able to finish the Cleric or Monk epics due to the social constraints epics really need (respect for those who can finish one since I now know what that means in your ability to make a lot of friends).
The majority of epics really have no social constraints. You can be pretty casual and get most of them if you know how to farm pp to buy the mqs with little to no actual raiding required. Cleric epic is like 40k?

My advice to anyone is to make an enchanter first which makes playing pretty much any other class easy, get rich, and then go and twink the piss outta alts and get epics and whatever else your heart desires.
Old 02-02-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

1. Get manastones. Get them in bunches. Get them early.
  2. Attempt to do what no one has done before
  3. I learned a lot about logistics, organization, determination, and Google sheets via scroll questing (see signature)
  4. Moments in time cannot be repeated. Nostalgia is a mirage. A feeling that leads to nowhere. It can be enjoyed as a mirage, but any serious pursuit makes it vanish. Thus, I sought out other adventures in Norrath instead of trying to relive the past. Even so, Vanity, all is Vanity says the Preacher.
  5. Norrath is like the real world:良莠不齐 --> a mix of good and bad folks
  6. Everquest is just one adventure. There are others. Maybe we come back around for another jaunt -- new servers are always fun when everyone is broke and we're all just trying to make our way. But there is a time to move on (see point 4)
  7. Any closed system run by humans can be corrupted. Stay frosty.
  8. Don't build sand castles in someone else's sandbox. They won't appreciate it. Build a real castle on the Rock.
Old 02-02-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The majority of epics really have no social constraints. You can be pretty casual and get most of them if you know how to farm pp to buy the mqs with little to no actual raiding required. Cleric epic is like 40k?

My advice to anyone is to make an enchanter first which makes playing pretty much any other class easy, get rich, and then go and twink the piss outta alts and get epics and whatever else your heart desires.
As far as epics go, paying for everything sounds extremely boring and lame. Part of the fun with epics is the feeling of accomplishment having done the whole quest. Not only the great feeling when you finally finish all the grindy solo parts, but also having people come together to help you with the portions that you need multiple groups (or at least a group) to take down. That’s what EQ is all about.

If you’re paying for your entire epic you might as well go play WoW or some other “single player MMO”. Farming plat solo and then buying your epic and avoiding all interaction with others…seems like you’re missing the point of what makes EQ great