Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-28-2022, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Default What did you learn from the first Green? Let's chat!

As we enjoy our final year of Green that is mostly close to content sync with Blue, did you learn anything about the game or process that you didn't learn in classic or Blue? If you come back to a fresh Green in the future, what might you do differently?

My biggest change is that I shelved my previous classes even if I loved them, but I did long for some of them to play again. On Blue as a big Bard and Wizard main player, I really missed what they bring as a Cleric and Monk main but enjoyed the change of pace. I really wanted to also get my first epic of all time, but I've resigned that even choosing the easiest classes for epics won't make it that easy. I really had fun questing for my robe of the lost circle, but I'll never be able to finish the Cleric or Monk epics due to the social constraints epics really need (respect for those who can finish one since I now know what that means in your ability to make a lot of friends). I also learned that Clerics are
.. a lot less needed then everyone rattles on about [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] my clerics guild had a surplus to the point that it was never useful to bring the cleric along.

For the next Green I again want to main what I haven't. I've dabbled in most classes but I now have resolved to only know one fact about the next world.. I'm going to main an Ogre something. Id like to be a cool legendary Ogre character but haven't chosen which of the three classes. I like all those classes and I'd like to see what I can bring the most potential out of (and I guess having an epic or best in slot lacking puts some classes ahead of others).

I won't start as a non main farm character like a lot of people do. That's not my style [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2022, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Ogre war

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 01-28-2022, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Every class all starting stats into Stamina
cant fight autism/determination
Not as fun back to back. blue i had a fucking blast because it was like 10-15~ years since classic
New servers cheapen the experience and lessens the impact you had in the previous server. I learned this lesson years ago with SWGEmu because they wipe servers for major patches but i still let it happen to me again.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What did you learn from the first Green? Let's chat!
Spam through character create and put all your starting stats into wisdom if you're playing a necro.

Or did I learn not to do that?... I cant remember.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

I learned that raiding sucks thus making wizard a poor choice for me indeed.

That 4 days at a list camp will trump years of regular play but that it's all about account sharing.

That farm classes dump on every other class.

If there ever is a next green I may not play at all.
Last edited by sajbert; 01-28-2022 at 01:31 PM..
Old 01-28-2022, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

1. That I should have played Enchanter on Live instead of Paladin.
2. I probably should have kept my characters on a US server instead of moving them to AB. Playing at non-peak hours keeps me sane.
3. No, if I'd started playing EQ on server launch day instead of mid-Velious I still wouldn't have been in a top-level guild.
4. There's an absolute ton of content in vanilla and the first two expansions.
5. Raiding does indeed suck, and probably hurt EQ in the end. A single group in a dungeon is so much more fun.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Kunark is my least favorite era.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark is my least favorite era.
Agreed, and I relearned this. I really enjoyed classic, and I was looking forward to Kunark, but I spent most of the expansion trying to level. I finally got 60 right before Velious, (yes I'm a casual, whatever man) but Velious has been awesome, really enjoying raiding again.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 01-28-2022, 05:04 PM
Kobold

I learned how badly I want a single box Planes of Power server.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Newbie zones need their classic respawn system where all newbie mobs are linked with 2 other newbie mobs and all three instantly respawn after the last of the three are killed.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung