Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 03:44 PM
Banned

That's a different argument that once again puts me, an anarcho-commie, in agreement with whatever flavor of moderate conservative you are. (Unsung not Danth)

I'm no fan of big pharma, but at the same time, well, my wife kind of needs their products right now to, uh, live

It may very well be a sideways way to get more money out of an already-captured populace, but the question boils down to "should the state be involved or not?"

"Life saving" can also be viewed as a simple sales tactic. The local news does that all the time
Old 08-25-2022, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe the simulation we live in is designed to filter out the political candidates for the real universe.
Old 08-25-2022, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, no, you can't explain it without using your opinion.

The natural law thing holds no water. Organ transplants aren't natural but I am certain the vast majority of us would do so if needed. Circumcision, antibiotics, artificial limbs... using an airplane...

So, please try again.
What is natural law to you?

Those are completely natural. We have brains and use them. Manipulate environments and things.

A transplanted heart will still function like a heart, a prosthetic will still function like the missing limb. The airplanes original skematics took cues from nature like every other human invention finds its inspiration in the natural world. Guided by natural laws.

Enforcing make believe playtime and forcing that person to believe a lie (usually just for selfish self affirming purposes) does not follow natural law. Every part of of that person's DNA has a script from conception that determines growth all the way up to death with a likelihood of a glitch resulting in cancer.

No matter how hard we pretend they still will only have one gender and that gender is determined at conception. Those two genders serve very distinct and important roles, humans have figured this out without a problem for thousands of years up until 5 minutes ago.

Everything about all this gender nonsense only takes place within the confines of make believe without taking cues from nature. (Insert snarky seahorse comment)

When a few small select crazy people are trying to convince the rest of the world to believe something not true and normalize it just so that one person won't get their feelings hurt maybe that's not the natural flow of human development.

Malignant cancer is basically cells getting confused about what they should do and then spread and infect otherwise normal healthy cells. The doctor cuts it and prescribes treatment.

Gender ideology is spreading like a cancer and infecting otherwise normal healthy kids by seriously confused adults. Not saying cull the heard, but cull the ideology.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 08-25-2022, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People ask people to explain themselves all the time. This isn't a weird thing.

I find people squirming to avoid explaining themselves online to be a tell, of sorts
We have, by orders of magnitude, more trans kids now than in the past. Is that all because of past persecution? I doubt it man. Some impressionable kids are being led in a direction by a culture that’s kind of wayward at the moment

I have three kids and I’m with Danth. I would not have let any of them transition until adulthood and I would’ve asked them to really think about permanent consequences

Also, just something about kids being impressionable and changing a lot. My son wore cargo shorts when he was in 8th grade and then he told me some girl grew boobs and he liked her in 9th and asked if we could get “cooler” clothes for him. Kids go through phases and oddly enough, many more kids in California become trans than in Texas or wyoming. I wonder why that is? Some of it is environmental and it plays on the naturally impressionable nature of adolescence as a newly intelligent being without a fully developed attention span tries to find his or her way in a world they don’t yet understand

It is very unwise to give a child PERMANENT sexual choices without them even developing basic knowledge of sexuality (not talking about sex Ed, I’m talking about kids naturally growing up and going on dates, prom, and getting pussy unless they’re Elizondo)

In summary, I’m sure there are some legitimate trans people. However, that is an adult decision. And I’d be willing to bet the culture people grow up in influences it, which belies the argument that it’s purely nature as opposed to nurture (at least in some cases). I’d add that famously liberal Sweden has banned puberty blockers and regards them as child abuse
Old 08-25-2022, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is natural law to you?

Those are completely natural. We have brains and use them. Manipulate environments and things.

A transplanted heart will still function like a heart, a prosthetic will still function like the missing limb. The airplanes original skematics took cues from nature like every other human invention finds its inspiration in the natural world. Guided by natural laws.

Enforcing make believe playtime and forcing that person to believe a lie (usually just for selfish self affirming purposes) does not follow natural law. Every part of of that person's DNA has a script from conception that determines growth all the way up to death with a likelihood of a glitch resulting in cancer.

No matter how hard we pretend they still will only have one gender and that gender is determined at conception. Those two genders serve very distinct and important roles, humans have figured this out without a problem for thousands of years up until 5 minutes ago.

Everything about all this gender nonsense only takes place within the confines of make believe without taking cues from nature. (Insert snarky seahorse comment)

When a few small select crazy people are trying to convince the rest of the world to believe something not true and normalize it just so that one person won't get their feelings hurt maybe that's not the natural flow of human development.

Malignant cancer is basically cells getting confused about what they should do and then spread and infect otherwise normal healthy cells. The doctor cuts it and prescribes treatment.

Gender ideology is spreading like a cancer and infecting otherwise normal healthy kids by seriously confused adults. Not saying cull the heard, but cull the ideology.
Did you know a transplanted heart isn’t innervated by the vagus nerve?

Fun fact for the day
Old 08-25-2022, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's a tricky subject but without being able to articulate their beliefs anyone would fail in front of a judge or jury in the inevitable lawsuits legislation would create, no matter which direction the law is pointing

No, most of us aren't lawyers but still, never seen any right winger explain to me in factual terms why teaching children that trans people exist is inherently wrong. Much less any of the tougher issues like why there should be laws that prevent a hypothetical parent from allowing their kid to do it.
I don’t think this would be wrong at all. I think letting kids transition before they have a full attention span (brain development doesn’t finish in males until ~25ish) is borderline child abuse IMO. Permanent is very consequential and having raised three kids, Jesus Christ do they change their mindsets from adolescence to adulthood man
Old 08-25-2022, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you know a transplanted heart isn’t innervated by the vagus nerve?

Fun fact for the day
had no idea

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 08-26-2022, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If my daughter wanted to do something like that herself, I'd put my foot down and make her wait 'till adulthood and independence, same as with any other decision of such major lasting effect.

As a rule I tend to support parental choice over government mandate. I trust government involvement in parenting about as much as I trust the Gestapo so I'll only want to involve Uncle Sam in situations where the Gestapo is the lesser evil. There are not many such situations.

---------------------------------------------

That sort of thing is pretty flagrant propaganda.

Danth
Yeah you're basically a bigoted child abuser according to the left these days.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

I wonder if we will ever get a mini series about the last 7 years. It's truly wild what has happened here all to keep Trump out of office.

What's really sad is most Americans don't have the time or energy to really keep up on all of this. Why should they be concerned that those in power are actually pedos who will kill and steal for a dollar?

Who I feel the worst for are the democrats who are still claiming ignorance to the reality of what they've been spoon fed. If you're paying attention and you still don't get it, you might be hopeless.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if we will ever get a mini series about the last 7 years. It's truly wild what has happened here all to keep Trump out of office.

What's really sad is most Americans don't have the time or energy to really keep up on all of this. Why should they be concerned that those in power are actually pedos who will kill and steal for a dollar?

Who I feel the worst for are the democrats who are still claiming ignorance to the reality of what they've been spoon fed. If you're paying attention and you still don't get it, you might be hopeless.
Yeah Trump, the pedo, sexist, conman and traitor is the victim here. Wow brainwash doesn't begin to express how white washed your head is.

I will remain with the democrats providing healthcare and social security and not trying to squash it as an another payday to the rich.
Closed Thread