Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Default there is a private list system going on at AC in OOT?

Ahoy da mates.

So Ive been told that there is like a 100player+ list camp going on at the AC in oot, and people putting their twinks etc. on it but the players on the list arnt even online or something like that.

Is that true?

Also who is in charge of that private list camp?

I am just curious, and wouldnt it be more fair and easyer for everyone if we would ask the GMs nicely if they could make the camp a /list camp like for the legency camps?
Last edited by Domo; 06-07-2020 at 05:46 AM..
Old 06-07-2020, 05:46 AM
Sarnak

No.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:48 AM
Planar Protector

no what?

there is no private list camp with over 100players on it going on? or no to my suggestion?
Old 06-07-2020, 05:52 AM
Sarnak

Nobody wants another /list camp. Just go sign up.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

But how can I trust the people who control the list?
I mean what if someone put like 6 twinks at the same time on it?
Old 06-07-2020, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But how can I trust the people who control the list?
How can you trust people giving you answers here? Maybe they've created 6 forum alts to misdirect you about who controls the list.

I control the list. Trust me. Also, I see you're not on it. How come?
Old 06-07-2020, 06:19 AM
Planar Protector

I though I use the forum here and ask nicely how it works before I might waste my time and put my name on it.

btw, how do you know I am not on it?
Old 06-07-2020, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody wants another /list camp. Just go sign up.
Incorrect.

I'd love to see more /list camps, and the OOT AC seems like a perfect candidate.

So there's at least me (and I don't even need more jboots).
Old 06-07-2020, 06:50 AM
Planar Protector

OP ask to be added to the list and who currently is on the list. After the current camp holder gets the AC, the player next in line needs to be at the camp for the following spawn.

The individual who is currently camping it has to provide you with all names on the list and if they don't, guess what? You're next
Old 06-07-2020, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP ask to be added to the list and who currently is on the list. After the current camp holder gets the AC, the player next in line needs to be at the camp for the following spawn.

The individual who is currently camping it has to provide you with all names on the list and if they don't, guess what? You're next
As far as I can tell that's mostly true: they don't actually have to give you the entire list, but they do have to give you who is next. Here's a quote from Derubael (emphasis added):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Derubael
Pretty clear-cut, and these exact rules have been around in one form or another for quite some time. I really need to compile a "Project 1999: Errata and other extraneous information" post to put all this stuff. For now, this will have to do:
Camp holder has the right to pass the camp to whoever he would like. However, and this is very important, two things must happen in order for this to be a legitimate hand-off:

1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt.

2) The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change his mind after telling you who is next. Something that no one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next or if you can be next. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.
As far as I can tell by the server rules, only "next" is enforced, not "who is next after?" If Bob has the camp, and Fred shows up and asks "who's next", Bob can say "Chris", and Fred can ask to be next. But as far as I can tell (by any published rules), Chris is under no obligation to give the camp to Fred; the only obligation is for Bob to give it to Chris.

Now, this still seems like a "slam dunk" case in elf law: if Bob told Fred he could be next after Chris, it would seem like Chris needs to give it to Fred ... but I can find no evidence in over a decade of posts in this forum!

Now let's complicate things further: Fred gets bored while waiting, binds at the island, and gates away. Chris gets his ring, but sees Dave there waiting patiently, and sees Fred is out of zone, so he gives the camp to Dave. As long as Chris never promised the camp to Fred, again, as far as I can tell ... Chris is under no obligation to give it to Fred. If he gives it to Dave, I'd honestly be a little surprised if he got in trouble.

... but of course, as with any of this elf law stuff, unless someone can produce a GM quote I haven't seen, we have no way of knowing what the rules are for certain. Someone would need to re-enact this scenario (preferably with OBS running to capture it all) and petition before we can ever actually know.

And that is just one of the many, many benefits of "automated GMing" (/list): everyone (forum reader or not) knows exactly what the rules are.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread