Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Kobold

Default Group Heals

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been addressed already (maybe it has and my forum searching skills are lacking), but all group heal spells (including druids group regeneration) cause orders of magnitude more hate than is appropriate. It's always been this way as long as I've been on the server (almost 3 years), and clerics generally get around it by just using Heroic Bond in substitute for group heals - for some reason HB has normal agro.

Group heal hate is so broken than clerics either never use them, or on fights like Trakanon where we have to cast Word of Restoration, we always begin casting DA immediately after in preparation for the inevitable summons, which comes regardless of how many mallets and epic procs the tank has landed.

The hate on Word of Redemption is obviously even worse. Casting this will cause the cleric to be summoned 100% of the time, and only a successful taunt can save him.

I'm guessing there is a simple mistake somewhere in the code that is causing the hate component for these group heals to be multiplied somewhere between 5-10x. Or maybe it's not a simple issue - but clerics everywhere would rejoice if this was fixed, especially before Velious comes out.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Group heals like regular heals pull aggro relative to the number of people healed?

So a big group heal is the aggro of that single heal X how many group members?

I always remember big group buffs like heals etc pulling major major aggro

Does that change with Velious to tune down heal aggro?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Group heals like regular heals pull aggro relative to the number of people healed?

So a big group heal is the aggro of that single heal X how many group members?

I always remember big group buffs like heals etc pulling major major aggro
Yes, they should be large agro spells, as they were on live. If you cast one very early in a fight you would get summoned. Here, if you cast it at any point in a fight, you get summoned. Instead of getting agro for healing 5-6 people, you get the amount of agro you should get from healing 25-50 people. That's what I'm saying is happening here.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Developer

I will look at it. It shouldnt be that severe. But hate from heals needa a revamp anyways.

H
Old 04-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Kobold

Thanks. I'm happy to help test if you need some raw data to look at. Right now no one even casts group heals outside of Trakanon fights, so data might be a little difficult to come by.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Developer

Group heals should be needed more with velious.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

I've used group heals on Hoshkar when he's low and its a death sentence if you don't DA right away. Granted, a hoshkar longer than 60 seconds is a wipe. So theres also the matter that dragons live 90 seconds or less to consider.