Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-07-2022, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hadden camp is uniquely complicated because his spawn apparently has a variance of an hour (sometimes he's 5 hrs on the dot, 6 hrs on the dot, or anywhere in between).

If you're "camping" hadden but also off killing bears or whatever while he's down, and somebody else shows up and decides it looks open and sits down to camp him, are they supposed to do a CC? If they kill him and loot a fishbone ear but they never bothered to go through the whole "pick which camp you want" process, can you petition that person for "stealing" a camp you weren't even at? That would be ridiculous.
No, I doubt you could petition them for stealing it if you did not contest them sitting there and killing the spawn. If you were just running around the zone killing bears and stuff and saw them sitting there because they thought it was open, told them you'd been camping it, and they still killed it then yeah you could petition and the staff could check the logs and see that you'd never left the zone.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. But he said you can kill Hadden and still hunt the zone and claim Hadden when he spawns. That is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. If someone comes and you arent there, you lost the camp.
I'm sorry, but you're misunderstanding the Camp Rules.

You can camp an infinite amount of mobs in the zone. As long as you make it back to each one before they respawn, they are all your camp.

But that last part is key: if you kill mob A, then go on to mob B, and someone else comes to mob A, sees it spawn, and waits a "reasonable" amount of time (the staff has never defined "reasonable"), they can take A from you. Again, it's only your's if you are back to catch the respawn within a "reasonable" amount of time.

So, getting back to Hadden, yes you can absolutely kill Hadden and Pyzjin, and a million wolves and bears and skeletons if you're bored enough. But to prevent someone else from killing Hadden, you need to kill him first, then be there when he respawns (or at least within a "reasonable" amount of time of him spawning).

So if someone else comes along and Hadden is up while you're off at Pyzjin, they don't even need to communicate with you: if they just wait a "reasonable" amount of time, they can safely kill Hadden. But as long as you time it right, and get back to Hadden before he respawns, he's yours ... and so is Pyzjin, assuming you killed her or her placeholders last.

The way someone else ends that is by showing up to either camp and saying "I want to camp this". You reply "I'm camping it and this other camp", and they can then reply "well, you have to pick one". You then have to choose which one you want exclusive rights on.

P.S. As a side note, I don't think this is the best policy for P99, personally. I think the "reasonable" amount of time should be clearly defined ... and I think it should be like 5 or 10 seconds.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-07-2022 at 05:02 PM..
Old 12-07-2022, 05:18 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2022, 08:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're misquoting them and leaving out context.

You are allowed to leave the camp, but if you log out or otherwise leave the zone at all you have lost your rights to the camp. So, to use an easy example, if you're camping the sisters in LFay and run to vendor and you get back to the camp before the re-spawns start happening, then that's still your camp. If you run to Kelethin or Steamfont to use the bank, you've lost the camp. Or, if you log out or go LD, you've lost the camp.
Yes,you can't leave the zone or die,but otherwise you do not need to sit in front of the spawn.
Old 12-09-2022, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

King camp in warrens is just a waste of time. What are the odds of a scepter actually dropping out of all the tons of items he drops? Like… 4 percent or something? Lol.
Old 12-09-2022, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
King camp in warrens is just a waste of time. What are the odds of a scepter actually dropping out of all the tons of items he drops? Like… 4 percent or something? Lol.
not when you're soaking dkp
Old 12-09-2022, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, getting back to Hadden, yes you can absolutely kill Hadden and Pyzjin, and a million wolves and bears and skeletons if you're bored enough. But to prevent someone else from killing Hadden, you need to kill him first, then be there when he respawns (or at least within a "reasonable" amount of time of him spawning).
I disagree. Need to be sitting near camp. If I show up in qeynos hills, run over to his spawn point and no one is around, I'm claiming the camp. Only reason I'd give camp up at that point is if someone in a "reasonable" amount of time said they were camping him and just went to go sell or whatever. If I sit for 5 hours waiting for spawn without anyone else showing up, while some dude is off camping Pzjin swoops in and kill steals me, I'm going to be pissed and petition. That ain't right. Sit at the Hadden spawn like everyone else does.
Old 12-09-2022, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. Need to be sitting near camp.
You can disagree all you want, but if someone else killed Hadden, stayed in the zone for hours waiting (but not next to his spawn point), and made it back to the spawn point before Hadden spawned (ie. they played by the server rules) ... and then when he did spawn you stole him (ie. you broke the rules)... guess who's getting punished? Especially if that person has the OBS to back their story up?

We even have a ruling from GM Menden specifically for Hadden, which very clearly indicates (just in case anyone was unsure) that he's "campable" (ie. he follows the P99 camp rules just like any other mob).

Again, I'm not saying "this is the best policy and I Loramin endorse it": quite possibly it would be a better system to make people have to wait by the camp. I'm just saying "them's the rules: the GMs make them, and we follow them (or don't, at our peril)."

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-09-2022 at 08:13 PM..
Old 12-09-2022, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you're not sitting at Hadden's spawn point or near it and I come along and sit there til he spawns... I don't care who's in the zone or what they're doing/claiming, they weren't there. It's mine til I choose to wander off.

Same goes for the Nybright sisters. If someone wanders off to sell, and one of them respawns while they're gone.. its shitty but they just lost that camp if someone else appears. It's some old Lower Guk based rule where you can't camp it if you're not at it (so if you're camping 2-3 nameds and someone sits down in one of those camps, you gotta let it go (and SHOCK HORROR, SHARE!) even if you're capable of clearing 2-3 rooms.
Last edited by Swish; 12-09-2022 at 09:56 PM..
Old 12-09-2022, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone talks big in the forums, but I'd love some fraps of you guys actually deciding to implement your own P99 rules in the game.