Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-09-2022, 02:27 PM
Soothsayer Soothsayer is offline
Sarnak

Soothsayer's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 242
Default Velious 2H patch - does it make a big difference starting at 51?

Iím using Reaver on a toon and the inconsistency of my damage is kind of frustrating. Hitting for 180, then getting a 19 damage hit right after is obnoxious to say the least and itís tempting me to just roll with a cookie cutter DW setup. Does the Velious 2H buff change this in any significant way, or does it merely add a little extra damage bonus at the top end of my attacks?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-09-2022, 03:40 PM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 2,608
Default

People always focus on the negative side of any balanced equation.

2H is simply better. It would take some godly ToV 1 handers to do better than a Reaver.

Just keep using it. The lows feel bad but remember there are just as many highs.
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-09-2022, 04:07 PM
Soothsayer Soothsayer is offline
Sarnak

Soothsayer's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People always focus on the negative side of any balanced equation.

2H is simply better. It would take some godly ToV 1 handers to do better than a Reaver.

Just keep using it. The lows feel bad but remember there are just as many highs.
I understand that damage over time will average out and that 2H can be very solid when you arenít getting a string of lows, but my question is whether the post-50 Velious 2H buff changes anything (I.e. makes it less likely to land those annoying lows) aside from applying a bit of extra bonus damage beyond what you get from 1H.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-09-2022, 05:03 PM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 2,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand that damage over time will average out and that 2H can be very solid when you arenít getting a string of lows, but my question is whether the post-50 Velious 2H buff changes anything (I.e. makes it less likely to land those annoying lows) aside from applying a bit of extra bonus damage beyond what you get from 1H.
no idea my smooth brain only says "big numbers and less mob riposted moar guder"
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-09-2022, 05:14 PM
Ripqozko Ripqozko is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,187
Default

2h is better less tanking something hard or high ac raid boss.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-09-2022, 07:41 PM
Snaggles Snaggles is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,884
Default

What DW weapons are you comparing the Reaver too?

A 2h will have a tendency to hit lows and highs but in general you will put out more damage over time. Your ripostes will be larger. This just gets more obvious at 60 especially with triple attack on a warrior or monk.

Here is the chart we are using on blue:

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html

For what it's worth I havent seen a warrior with a DW dps setup outperforming a 2h setup of similar quality. You could download gameparse and check fight by fight and see how your own setup is going. It's not just for forum bragging...having this data to reflect on is really handy.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-2022, 09:43 AM
Soothsayer Soothsayer is offline
Sarnak

Soothsayer's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lows feel bad but remember there are just as many highs.
This toon is level 49, there are significantly more lows than highs. Probably 3 - 4 sub-60 hits for every 150+ hit. I've got 223 strength with a self-buff, so that shouldn't be the issue.

My only guess at this point is that warriors get a new, better damage table starting at 50 or 51. I was hanging around with a higher level warrior who was muuuch more consistently getting high hits, even though he had less strength than me.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-10-2022, 07:59 PM
Snaggles Snaggles is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,884
Default

I’d parse it. I still think at 52 the ToD to Reaver (or Herbalist Spade) will be your best bet for most situations but maybe Bloodpoints will parse like 20% less but keep you alive. Evasive is amazing for those close fights holding out longer for a proc.

2h always feels weaker than it is (look at almost every monk DW’ing silly tunnel weapons over the 800p Peacebringer in their bag). But in general feelings can be deceptive over knowing average dps with a parser.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-11-2022, 09:46 AM
zelld52 zelld52 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 359
Default

Yes, as from the damage bonus table someone posted:

Herbalist Spade (43 delay) - Level 51 gets +18 dmg bonus per swing.

1hander - level 51 gets +8 dmg bonus per swing.


Spade - Level 55 gets +26 dmg bonus per swing.

1 hander - level 55 gets +10 dmg bonus per swing.


2h is the way to go for monks / warriors. I've seen warriors with Shovel of the Harvest top DPS chart because Shovel gets +43 dmg bonus per swing at 60.

Compared to a 1 hander which gets +11 dmg bonus per swing at 60
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-11-2022, 12:16 PM
Ripqozko Ripqozko is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, as from the damage bonus table someone posted:

Herbalist Spade (43 delay) - Level 51 gets +18 dmg bonus per swing.

1hander - level 51 gets +8 dmg bonus per swing.


Spade - Level 55 gets +26 dmg bonus per swing.

1 hander - level 55 gets +10 dmg bonus per swing.


2h is the way to go for monks / warriors. I've seen warriors with Shovel of the Harvest top DPS chart because Shovel gets +43 dmg bonus per swing at 60.

Compared to a 1 hander which gets +11 dmg bonus per swing at 60
pretty much all melee, cek 2h on my ranger out parses kriezen flame, shovel on my pally does way more then vyemm 1h.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.