Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-04-2022, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Sullon Zek had a gnome mage only guild called the tinkers who successfully raided and had a lot of epic mage pets
Old 11-04-2022, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

meanwhile we just play enchanter solo on the love of the game server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-04-2022, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
meanwhile we just play enchanter solo on the love of the game server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You play solo because you have no friends, hope that helps .
Old 11-04-2022, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You play solo because you have no friends, hope that helps .
dont listen to this guy jibartik you seem like a cool guy who likes to have fun in eq
Old 11-04-2022, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks papito!
Old 11-07-2022, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by papito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
could all 6 mage pets not take a single 50+ mob? even if chain summoning and avoiding nukes?
Yes, of course they could take it.

Its not about killing 1 mob. Its about killing as many mobs as possible in a given time frame when XPing.

6 mages could do this pretty well up until about level 50 where mob damage, health, etc scales up harder than mage pets.

At that point, you'll sorely miss having a slower / CC.

Is it possible? Of course. But so is soloing a rogue to 60.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, of course they could take it.

Its not about killing 1 mob. Its about killing as many mobs as possible in a given time frame when XPing.

6 mages could do this pretty well up until about level 50 where mob damage, health, etc scales up harder than mage pets.

At that point, you'll sorely miss having a slower / CC.

Is it possible? Of course. But so is soloing a rogue to 60.
I dunno. When soloing the appropriate mobs (eg. geonids in WL), I can usually kill one with two pets. With 6x the damage, it seems the mage group would likely only need to resummon a pet once every three fights on average.

Having one member (of a six-man team) have to recast a pet once every eighteen fights or so hardly seems like it would slow down leveling a lot. Unfortunately though my mage is 60 now, so I can't help test this theory in-game.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

better bet would probably be two mages in bear pits in perma

all 6 person comps run into efficiency issues at 50+ because u can generally kill mobs way t f fast with even trash geared 50s in a grp
Old 11-07-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno. When soloing the appropriate mobs (eg. geonids in WL), I can usually kill one with two pets. With 6x the damage, it seems the mage group would likely only need to resummon a pet once every three fights on average.

Having one member (of a six-man team) have to recast a pet once every eighteen fights or so hardly seems like it would slow down leveling a lot. Unfortunately though my mage is 60 now, so I can't help test this theory in-game.
I guess. I'm just saying a 6 man group with proper CC / slow / etc is going to have a lot more fun and flexibility getting to 60.

Are there worse 6-mans than 6x mages? Sure, but sub out 1 or 2 mages for any class(es) with CC and you instantly become far more capable. I'd like to see how 6 mages do crawling around to different camps in Sebilis / Chardok / HS / Velk / Hole.

Geos to 60 sounds horribly boring.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Geos to 60 sounds horribly boring.
Agreed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was just using them as an example because they're a reliable solo. However, I'd like to see an all-mage Sebilis group too!

I was just there the other day, and soloed a few entrance mobs. With six people I'd think you could get to a decent camp like NG (to defeat the three-mob clusters, you'd just split the group into duo pairs) ... but the devil would certainly be in the details.

If five other Green mages want to try it sometime, I'd totally be down! We'd just want to park a couple of Clerics there ahead of time, because I could easily see things going bad.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.