Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 10-05-2022, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Hey
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Hi!

I miss the old times on red pre/just post Kunark launch. I have visuals and hear the sounds of fearrott and the swamp in my head. RPing in the front of unrest by the hedge. Fighting other newbies in tattered armor over at the nighbrights in lfay. Fighting it out over crushbone vs twinks wearing thematic lower guk gear. Hanging out at hags and having a little chit chat. Going to CoM and sniping back at invading and levitating wizards and necros. Guk bedroom with chewie. Hiding deep in sola trying to avoid pvp. Chasing random players through rather mountains with big hurb. Traveling in groups for safety. Hiding from druids. Logging in alts when zone control was lost. Chasing people through dreadlands into karnors and back out again. And a million other cool moments before pixel rott took hold and only the diehard ubers where left. Ganging up on them in groups and the various underdog guilds who tried to constantly usurp nihilum.

Good times. I'm greatful to carry these memories. They surely humble me and temper me.
Old 10-19-2022, 04:13 PM
Kobold

Ngl I thought my journey had finally ended but after reading this I had to post my 95th visit to the thread of disappointment
Old 10-20-2022, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

I clicked.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:16 AM
Kobold

laziness, whiny, vindictive. pick one why you don't play on red and shut the fuck up already.

also i like cats where is like button on swish posts?
Old 10-21-2022, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

I leveled up a Bard to 50 on Red shortly after it launched. The server was not even 10% as much fun or challenging as VZ back in 1999. This game is decent on a blue server, but it is total garbage and cannot be replicated as a red server.

Maybe if they changed some of the rules and added some content to make PvP challenging and purposeful. It has been 23 years, we have all learned a lot.
Old 10-21-2022, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

I'm in full agreement about changing mechanics for PvP, but Red ruleset as it stands is still far better than Blue/Green. It simply doesn't have the population. Would be very interesting if p99 only existed as Red. Clearly there are plenty of people addicted or interested in Classic EQ who would still be playing here if their only option was Red.

The fun of PvP is how it forces you to constantly look around and be prepared for people who might ambush you. Makes the world much more alive.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in full agreement about changing mechanics for PvP, but Red ruleset as it stands is still far better than Blue/Green. It simply doesn't have the population. Would be very interesting if p99 only existed as Red. Clearly there are plenty of people addicted or interested in Classic EQ who would still be playing here if their only option was Red.

The fun of PvP is how it forces you to constantly look around and be prepared for people who might ambush you. Makes the world much more alive.
A lot of ppl self harm and make choices thinking they are having fun or doing it the easy way when in fact its opposite. The majority of ppl are like this. So they play on blue and green chasing the dragon and they are like forever said. They'll tell u pvp isn't fun and the only choice is to play on blue butt they are always exactly oppositely wrong. They would be much happier if only red existed and they where all master level bushido warriors.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with the above. Red99 as it is fixes most of blue/green problems with RMT camping psychos instantly and makes the game better.

You can’t effectively make money without paying attention on red therefore it’s not profitable to pharm the same way. Therefore it’s a better server.

The guild petitionquest turned into pvp would be the best. Dragon gear is pvp resist gear so they’re all ready to die. I mean fight.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-21-2022, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I leveled up a Bard to 50 on Red shortly after it launched. The server was not even 10% as much fun or challenging as VZ back in 1999. This game is decent on a blue server, but it is total garbage and cannot be replicated as a red server.

Maybe if they changed some of the rules and added some content to make PvP challenging and purposeful. It has been 23 years, we have all learned a lot.
Its as simple as getting an initial pop and not having xp death in pvp right from the get go. We had a 10 year beta so now optimistically devs and players know what went wrong and people would be stupid, if they enjoy a healthy server, to go out of their way to grief people out of the playerbase they need to have their fun. In 1.0 it was too tempting to just delete people with your stomp train, make them eat xp death and have them rage log forever as a form of entertainment, now they would have to work for it.

The reason why the server was not fun is it was planned as a PVE+ server. Pvp only served to settle camp disputes, which was a great miscalculation of why people played an EQ pvp server. People actually enjoyed pvp, surprise! So not only could you not enjoy it frequently, when it did happen, 90% of the times you had no chance of winning so the outcome was a setback in your PVE progress. Dying to almost no-chance odds is part of the experience, filters out boys from men. Adding xp loss on top of that is the line that makes the game boring, time-consuming for no good reason vs challenging.

They literally just need to redo the server with no xp loss, have a little luck on initial pop and we could finally go out of red beta and be good for another 10 (this time golden) years.