Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default Cenki Kenshi, the Leap Day Ranger

Ive never had a character that I connected to so many people with in such a short time. That has been the key to playing the hardmode class.

I started Cenki on Feb 29th, and blasted off hard. I only slightly twinked. Fine steel weapons, Banded armor. Bummed port to Rivervale due to the hidden Ranger trainer there and I like Misty.

I first met Dark Man of Odus Basketball, who helped me with DS casts and bandaids as he killed guards. Through his teachings I ultimately became a master bandage spec today.

It was off to Qeynos area at around level 7. Killed blackburrow a bit then moved to the Karanas for the long haul.

Met the Ranger Wild who gave me leveling tips and some buffs sometimes as she killed corrupt guards. I hunted bandits left and right until level 15 and began taking down scarecrows.

I spent all of 15-22 killing scarecrows. I met Dark Man Manakim who while camping Tiny Miller, sent his pet at my half health crows to help me get to DW levels, and the Shaman Grimtik who Regened me on them on his oposite shift of Tiny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

By 22, I was making pumpkin pie out of the scarecrows. Rangers have a super power surge at 22, and it was off to my first ever real understanding of unrest and grouping.

After about 4 shifts of fireplace, I met so many fellow regulars who were awesome. Multiplicity, Maltak, Khelbin, Sokay, Sowuless, Benjobbit were the people I pretty much had in the groups every time and they are all super awesome at their classes.

I'm now level 32 as of this morning, and levels fly by as a puller which I'm enjoying, and I'm now playing around in High keep basement.

I just want to also say thanks to Dark Men of Odus and Lineage who have done newbie assisting stuff more than ive ever seen.

I just wanted to post about the adventure so far. Its been a quick level experience but the people I met on this char have been the most memorable.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Awesome, kudos to you for all the shout outs for the awesome people you've met along the way. keep us updated on your adventures. I just started Green and have been toying with classes i've played before but finally made a monk which i have never. hoping i have as good of luck with the adventures as you!

Old 03-19-2020, 12:53 PM
Banned

I BET THEY WERE ALL RRAAAYYYYYYYYYYCIST

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

ALL OF THEM RACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSS

EVERY ERUDITE IS RAAAYYYYSSSSAAAASST

(just filling in for wrekt till he gets here)
Old 03-19-2020, 06:13 PM
Orc

Seconding props to Lineage for the newb help, especially Aenor with their banded service that's being provided via the forums.

Awesome to hear your ranger journey thus far!
Old 03-19-2020, 07:12 PM
Kobold

Glad you’re having fun! So not to poop in the path of your feel-good parade, but now is around the right time to starting running OBS or nVidia shadow play with a replay buffer in the background...
Old 03-19-2020, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gherron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad you’re having fun! So not to poop in the path of your feel-good parade, but now is around the right time to starting running OBS or nVidia shadow play with a replay buffer in the background...
I make videos but they always are terrible ;D
Old 03-19-2020, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I first met Dark Man of Odus Basketball, who helped me with DS casts and bandaids as he killed guards. Through his teachings I ultimately became a master bandage spec today.
Best guild goes above and beyond again, I'd expect someone to start another RNF thread based on this report.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I make videos but they always are terrible ;D
A good friend of mine has a fairly successful and ever growing podcast. The cast is focused around off-roading. His advice to anyone wanting to create content is to just do your thing and put it out there and your content will improve through reps. Don't fret on being perfect.

He also notes that when he started discussing somewhat personal and humorous topics instead of just strictly off road content, is when his audience really grew.

You make videos, so you have a part of you that wants an audience. Post em up!

And iirc you posted one up a long time ago around bread quests. If that was you, I remember thinking it was good.
Last edited by Issar; 03-19-2020 at 09:35 PM..
Old 03-19-2020, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good friend of mine has a fairly successful and ever growing podcast. The cast is focused around off-roading. His advice to anyone wanting to create content is to just do your thing and put it out there and your content will improve through reps. Don't fret on being perfect.

He also notes that when he started discussing somewhat personal and humorous topics instead of just strictly off road content, is when his audience really grew.

You make videos, so you have a part of you that wants an audience. Post em up!

And iirc you posted one up a long time ago around bread quests. If that was you, I remember thinking it was good.
That was me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I just might give it a go! I like making short videos that are to the point
Old 03-22-2020, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

I had a really great time in Highkeep and Solusek A. Made it to level 35 I also sort of Enjoyed my 24 hour attempt at a Guise. I actually got the position 1 (from position 10 to start) within 18 hours, but I stayed at position 1 until 24 hours in.

I started to really have trouble staying awake any longer, and because I kept dozing off, and two previous party members that day MISSED THEIR LOOT AND HAD IT ROT, I was terrified the same would happen to me. Naala tried to help me stay awake with some conversation. I decided to declare that the next PH would be the deciding one. A 16% chance at whether or not id just call it a night. The PH popped, and I yielded the spot to the next guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I might try again soon, but after that 24 hours, I need to take a bit of a break from the game. Playing Trials of Mana demo today for a little bit of a change ;D
Last edited by Cen; 03-22-2020 at 06:11 PM..
Closed Thread