Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-04-2024, 07:09 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqgod34 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong, They charge 125k a tear and 800k for earth staff etc, dont tell me its more accessible Lol. I think mobs should only trigger if the epic person is in the zone who is on that step. This Farming epic for selling is getting out of hand and we cant finish epics when guilds are sitting on everything. Classic or not, it needs changed. The staff changes all kinds of shit and makes it "Not classic" so I don't want to hear that excuse.
The would simply have a character on that step and then raise the price because of the inconvenience
Old 01-05-2024, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

I gotta wonder how many ppl can pay 800k for an earth staff?

Anyway, selling Epic MQs is fine.

If there's any problem I have it's enchanters soloing hate, but at the same time i do think that's badass. Enchanters in general just have too much power and I'm pretty sure there's a lot of cleric boxing going around.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:49 AM
Kobold

Shouldn't this post be in rants n flames?
Old 01-08-2024, 01:32 PM
Large Rat

This sort of entitlement is about as classic as it gets. Either raid or not raid. It's quite simple. Raiding on P99 means that you dedicate a substantial amount of time, 24/7, to earn those hot-ticket items.

By not raiding, you best be good at farming solo, or regularly grouping group-content hot-ticket items to sell/trade to earn the coin to purchase a MQ/item.

At the end of the day, your argument, OP, is a timeworn EQ tradition of non-hardcore players wanting everything that hardcore players have without doing any actual work. I say work because hardcore EQ players treat it like a second (or first, even) job.

Life is much more free when you accept the path you choose.

PS: I truly hope for a NBG T-Staff meltdown-type thread when this is ported to RnF.

Thoughts & Prayers! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-08-2024, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost noone, but then again, that's also the number of people who can actually get earth staves at all regardless of distribution mechanism.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More than the number of people willing and able to sell one.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

OP posted a thread in green trade begging for a free child's tear, he just doesn't want to put in the effort and imagines removing tear MQs will somehow give him a free one (lol)
Old 01-10-2024, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

when i played very frequently, i made shaman epic priority. i joined a guild - and then kept checking /who all fearplane to try and time the golems that way. then would show up and do many other raids regularly with my guild, and over time try convince them to check golems if i had a hunch theyd be up. got lucky, got a golem and a tear for DKP.

when i started playing much more infrequently, i didnt have the ability to coordinate things like epic kills as easy anymore - so i had to farm plat in my own time, and buy MQs. was able to get a cleric epic this way.

i agree that MQ farmers make the epics more accessible to lots of other people. its a different path to epic to group in velks or seb or chardok and repeatedly return to tunnel to sell items and squirrel up for an epic MQ. but, its a path that works for many people. without anyone farming the MQs, that path wouldnt exist.
Old 01-10-2024, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqgod34 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Topic, Make it illegal so the big dicks cant make plat off people needing an actual epic done. Its bullshit and if u disagree your a moron. Let the little guys actually complete epics without having to pend 100's of k. Im Blackpaw on green and I approve this message, if u disagree, F u.

PS . <Rest in Peace> Recruiting -----
Whenever I see complaints about epic MQs it just shows how little the person understands about the raid/epic scene on P99. If you didn't have MQs a lot of people would NEVER get their epics (depending on the class) because the top one or two raid guilds just monopolize the content and the drops would just rot if no one in the guild needed it (or they would have someone loot it to MQ it for a guildy down the road).

If you couldn't sell MQs, you'd have zero shot at ever getting your epic OP.
Old 01-10-2024, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

It's always such a caricature of a player as well.

For those who aren't in the know, OP is the typical epic hungry shaman player. This was their post in Green Trading:

"46 shammy here , im gonna get rammed flammed and shammed but im asking for a free tear if anyone has , never had epic on a shammy nor played a shammy and its really damn fun lol. Would be amazing if anyone had an extra one for real, id be in your debt majorly. Thanks"

So basically a shaman who just got to planar level and who just expects to have his epic handed to him. Probably didn't do the real quest either and just grinded some faction. Completely unaware of the nature of this server, that lots of shaman players get their epic well after hitting 60, that getting your epic is a journey which takes making friends, learning how to handle encounters/fights, stuff like that, and prefers the idea of the entire server's rules being changed to let him get his shiny toy.

Never mind of course that said change would have the complete opposite effect, and that he wouldn't even be able to farm his way up to his epic.

OP, get to 60, join a raiding guild, get your epic. Better people than you worked harder for their toys.