Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-13-2021, 12:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Never in the past, now everyday. Can login only once in a blue moon. This only game that does it, my internet is great.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:55 PM
Orc

Seems like you guys are having an even worse time than me then. Weird that we are having such different experiences of the same issue.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, connecting to the login server would be done through eqemulator and not p99's servers. I checked on eqemu forums and found this post that appears to be the same problem. Unfortunately it doesn't offer much help.

I'm not sure where they got this IP address from, but trying to ping that one times out for me also. When I ping www.login.equemulator.net I get 23.202.231.169 for the IP and it pings without issue, at this time. I will try again to see if this changes when I'm having trouble connecting.

All of this ignores the fact that when I'm having the issue and am able to get to the character select screen it's about a 50/50 chance that I get in and have some zoning issues when I do. These could be unrelated however. I'm not sure.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm having the same issue the past week or so. Sometimes I get thrown to login screen when zoning also
Old 07-14-2021, 06:13 PM
Kobold

Try running a traceroute by opening up cmd prompt and typing tracert followed by the ip address of the destination. Example: tracert 23.202.231.169

This should show you the different locations that your connection is using. You may notice a problem with something along the path.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Seems to be working fine all a sudden. Logged in an out of the game 3 times successfully with no issues. Idk, changed nothing, now seems to be working fine...
Old 07-15-2021, 04:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems to be working fine all a sudden. Logged in an out of the game 3 times successfully with no issues. Idk, changed nothing, now seems to be working fine...
Yeah, I have been waiting to troubleshoot more, but haven't had any issues the last couple days here either.
Old 07-16-2021, 11:09 AM
Large Rat

Hello friends,

If this requires its own thread just let me know.

I recently installed P.99 per one of.. Several youtube videos, and I can see the Server List however the list is empty?

I did have the standard EQ installed with 25/25 expansions, and on the notifications it says that I have them installed..

I completely removed every trace of EQ and Daybreak games prior to attempting EQ.99 installation.

Anyone have ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Old 07-17-2021, 12:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have been experiencing similar problems as well. Using the same WiFi I have been for years nothing changed but can’t get to the character select screen. I can however login to other severs and live just fine, and can also login just fine if I use my hotspot on my phone but don’t really want to rely on my hotspot when playing. Internet speed tests all say very fast, can stream movies and do everything else just not p99. It’s been 4 days now I must be missing something
Old 07-17-2021, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been experiencing similar problems as well. Using the same WiFi I have been for years nothing changed but can’t get to the character select screen. I can however login to other severs and live just fine, and can also login just fine if I use my hotspot on my phone but don’t really want to rely on my hotspot when playing. Internet speed tests all say very fast, can stream movies and do everything else just not p99. It’s been 4 days now I must be missing something
Since it works from your hotspot it's a routing issue with your ISP. These happen from time to time, and you can really only wait it out.

-Mcoy
Old 07-17-2021, 03:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A fast connection does not mean that it is a good connection. Latency, jitter and packet loss are more important when it comes to p99. If I had a problem logging in I would run tests for those issues. Solar flares and cyber attacks are also causing widespread internet problems.