Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Kobold

don't get me wrong i see why ppl want it, but hey if we keep it can we start up some polls on everything then? i mean why not, lets just form our own version of classic
(/sarcasim off)

ps- i hope it's sooner than later

manhatten
Old 05-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Skeleton

classic-style, insuring EC tunnel trading by a large part of the server as the main loc for a known market place.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
classic-style, insuring EC tunnel trading by a large part of the server as the main loc for a known market place.
Exactly, EQ without the EC tunnel market ISNT classic EQ !!!
People bitch because they don't want the hassle of having to go to EC tunnel to browse the market, but fuck, EQ wasn't meant to be convenient.
Classic EQ MEANS HASSLING STUFF like not being able to bind to cities for non casters, losing loads of xp and have difficult CRs etc...Its that hassle that made classic EQ the game we all loved.
The whole purpose of this server is to reproduce classic experience of EQ, and there NEVER was a global /ooc and /auction in Classic EQ. if you like easy EQ just play on live.
Anything that's non classic and can be removed with the titanium client should be removed.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

on a side note, not every server had his market in ec...some had gfay as their main market
Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Large Bat

i ve a question: was everything sooooo great and fun in classic? Yes, i had my best time there. but when i realy think back, there were more than 100 hundred things, which peeves me (its the same with the school time. Now, we say: yeah, it was the damn best time i had. But in the time, when we were so young and at school, there were plenty not so funny things we only forget later...). What i want to say: we now ve the Chance to make the Best / our Best Everquest. And when its mostly classic, its fine for me and i will say "hurray" :-) But we shouldt things do only cause its classic.... that would be dump (cause than we wouldnt ve learned anything from the past). I play Everquest on this Server cause i love the game-/groupplay, the need for tactics and so on. i dont play Everquest cause its 100% classic

Greetings Maggok

PS. or anybody will truely tell me, that it was "gameplay-fun" to sit 2 hours /LFG or try to /who all lfg to got a group? or need to walk one hour to EC-Tunnel only to see, that not many peeps r seeling (the right stuff)???
Old 05-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on a side note, not every server had his market in ec...some had gfay as their main market
Kelethin trading was soooo coool. Gfay was alsways packed with people i loved it.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Large Bat

yeah, 15 years before, i had no probs. with sitting 2 hours in EC and watch the /auction-channel - cause i was a student and had time like no others. Now, think the most of us has a Family, Work, RL..... :-)
Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i ve a question: was everything sooooo great and fun in classic? Yes, i had my best time there. but when i realy think back, there were more than 100 hundred things, which peeves me (its the same with the school time. Now, we say: yeah, it was the damn best time i had. But in the time, when we were so young and at school, there were plenty not so funny things we only forget later...). What i want to say: we now ve the Chance to make the Best / our Best Everquest. And when its mostly classic, its fine for me and i will say "hurray" :-) But we shouldt things do only cause its classic.... that would be dump (cause than we wouldnt ve learned anything from the past). I play Everquest on this Server cause i love the game-/groupplay, the need for tactics and so on. i dont play Everquest cause its 100% classic

Greetings Maggok

PS. or anybody will truely tell me, that it was "gameplay-fun" to sit 2 hours /LFG or try to /who all lfg to got a group? or need to walk one hour to EC-Tunnel only to see, that not many peeps r seeling (the right stuff)???
I remember back then it was a real challenge for a noob to go to EC when they were in Qeynos, Halas or Erudin. It made it dangerous, thus fun.
Its like old times where you actually had to walk to a market to browse, whereas today you may simply sit at your desk and browse/order everything from home.
Having to run to EC and be physically present in the tunnel to browse just makes it feel more real and more immersive, more fun ! much better than just a channel where everyone is scattered all around the world.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good point about item linking as well. But that's next month's crusade. One battle at a time. :P
Pretty sure item linking is client side - Rogean said earlier absolutely not going to be addressed... While it saves you a bit of time linking verus saying what the stats are, not game changing...

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You still sit LFG for 2 hours even with global channels.

For trading we also have a buying/selling forum section which is never used because there is no point. Once global channels are removed its activity will skyrocket.
Closed Thread