Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Physical therapy is a joke. For my jaw back and hand. Apply heat, ultra sound, some electric shock and light rubbing.

Glad I didn't pay for that nonsense
If Physical therapy is to joke , then Chiropractor is to retard?
Old 09-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Banned

BS is not required for Chiropractic school, GPA 2.5 (C+)average. PT requires BS to apply to PT school (minimal 3.0 GPA). Physical Therapist do Manipulation (WA,Arkansas have some limitations). Most research that has been on manipulation and producing practice guidelines on when manipulation is needed has been done by DPT in the research side of the training (Research that is not required by Chiropractic school).
Old 09-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

I found a MD by accident who does "adjustments" and acupuncture. Never actually been to a chiropractor, but that adjustment was a huge boon! I'd had issues with my stomach (shortness of breath, feeling full) for a few years after feeling a pop while doing crunches. I had ultrasounds, xray and no answers. Went to a few different stomach doctors and no solutions.

I kept going to doctors though because I knew something was off. I could feel it! So I ended up going to this normal MD, he couldn't have been more than a couple years out of medical school and in ine visit he diagnosed and corrected my problem. He was able to tell I had a couple ribs out of place just by looking at my back as I bent over. Then he just popped me a few different directions on the table and voila! Fixed.

I did have to go back once for a second adjustment because things had been outta place so long they just wanted to salty that way I guess, but he gave me some stretches to add to my routine and things have been A+ since ^^

Dunno if that is chiropracty or not, but fit what I thought it was, though he was an MD. Good experience. Not sure I'd trust a non-MD though.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found a MD by accident who does "adjustments" and acupuncture. Never actually been to a chiropractor, but that adjustment was a huge boon! I'd had issues with my stomach (shortness of breath, feeling full) for a few years after feeling a pop while doing crunches. I had ultrasounds, xray and no answers. Went to a few different stomach doctors and no solutions.

I kept going to doctors though because I knew something was off. I could feel it! So I ended up going to this normal MD, he couldn't have been more than a couple years out of medical school and in ine visit he diagnosed and corrected my problem. He was able to tell I had a couple ribs out of place just by looking at my back as I bent over. Then he just popped me a few different directions on the table and voila! Fixed.

I did have to go back once for a second adjustment because things had been outta place so long they just wanted to salty that way I guess, but he gave me some stretches to add to my routine and things have been A+ since ^^

Dunno if that is chiropracty or not, but fit what I thought it was, though he was an MD. Good experience. Not sure I'd trust a non-MD though.
I'm happy to hear that. Yeah the proof is in the poodin. Some people claim wondrous effects, others not so much. Either way be wary of chiropractors ,most are charlatans.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Anyone know a good MD to drain my humors?
Old 09-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

There are people that actually take their infants to get adjustments. I just think that's weird. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are people that actually take their infants to get adjustments. I just think that's weird. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and there's a lot of deaths associated with it.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chiropractic does have an evidence-based fork nowadays. It's a discipline that was founded in quackery, but unlike say homeopathy which has no plausible mechanism of action for treating anything other than dehydration, certain chiropractic treatments can provide relief for the conditions treated (though not by rebalancing humours, obviously). They are pretty much glorified physical therapists at best tho.

Chiropractors can be anywhere from full quack to legit. There's no point smearing the entire discipline the way you would do with naturopaths or homeopaths, even if its history is grody.
Good post I can agree with that.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Banned

have u ever gone 2 a chiropractor and gotten jacked off?

masseuse wins again.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have u ever gone 2 a chiropractor and gotten jacked off?

masseuse wins again.
I believe the correct term is "happy ending".
Closed Thread