Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Half Elf & Cultural Smithing

I'm a Half Elf and I'd like to pick up blacksmithing, but if I can't make any cultural armor, I don't really see the point.

Can anyone confirm if Half-Elves can craft cultural armor on P1999? I'm basically hoping the wiki is outdated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Not outdated. There might be something for you to make come velious not really sure would have to check it out. But nothing right now for you to make.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Dang! Kind of a bummer but I figured that was the case. I checked eqtraders and it doesn't look like Half-Elves get anything until way after Velious so I won't hold my breath.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

They should all just go for some Tier'dal armor (yes they can wear it if not make it) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Half Elves have the advantage of being able to wear all human/elven cultural armor. So that I guess was the trade-off the devs were going for.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Verant took some sort of twisted perverse pleasure in fucking over half-elf smiths. Then they had the brass-plated nerve to respond to the obvious and inevitable complaints by these same blacksmith characters with "but you can wear more races cultural than anybody else", as if that was supposed to matter to players who wanted to make the stuff. McQuaid & Co. were a bag of dicks who got lucky. They never understood why EQ was a good game, and eventually broke all of the things that were great about it.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Verant took some sort of twisted perverse pleasure in fucking over half-elf smiths. Then they had the brass-plated nerve to respond to the obvious and inevitable complaints by these same blacksmith characters with "but you can wear more races cultural than anybody else", as if that was supposed to matter to players who wanted to make the stuff. McQuaid & Co. were a bag of dicks who got lucky. They never understood why EQ was a good game, and eventually broke all of the things that were great about it.
You make it seem like Verant made you become a smith. Not all races have awesome cultural armor. Be lucky you can even wear it. Go check and see what halflings get for cultural.